PDA

View Full Version : New Discovery 50 To Be Launched

ForumAdmin
23rd December 2009, 09:31 AM
The London Boat Show in January see the launch of the new Discovery 50.

Its a 50 foot British built cat from Discovery Yachts who also produce some very fine quality monohulls. This should be an interesting boat.

Talbot
24th December 2009, 11:06 AM
The London Boat Show in January see the launch of the new Discovery 50.

Its a 50 foot British built cat from Discovery Yachts who also produce some very fine quality monohulls. This should be an interesting boat.

Looks like they have used coppercoat.

Ther mono designs are very nice indeed, so I hope they have achieved the same with this vessel. Looks like they have gone for a vessel that will work well in european waters, and is an interesting design. I am not sure I like the vertical windows in the hull, but suspect that this makes a big difference when inside.

Woodbrook
19th February 2010, 09:09 PM
They are in the middle of sea trials at the moment :)

The website has just been updated to include photos of the interior; I like what they've done! Take a look and see what GBP795,000 will get you...
http://www.discoveryyachts.com/Discovery-50/discovery-50-images..htm

NB Price includes:
Electric winches,
Electric in mast furling,
Kevlar & carbon reinforced hull,
40kg Delta anchor (& 60m chain),
ST7002+ Autopilot,
ST60 Wind, log, depth, VHF, GPS,
Twin Yanmar 54 HP and saildrive

ka8uet
20th February 2010, 02:40 AM
Wow! That's a lot of boat, and a lot of money!

jkd
20th February 2010, 06:46 AM
I don't really understand the 3 bed/ 4 head layout. His and her heads off the master cabin? Could be a bit better layout with that interior space.

John

Scarab
23rd April 2010, 08:29 AM
Take a look inside a Discovery 50 present at the first catamaran show in Lorient, France
It's in french : http://www.voilesetvoiliers.com/chantier/video/3033/video-voile-salon-multicoque-lorient-deux-catas-un-tri-trois-programmes...

Greetz,

Koen

ForumAdmin
21st December 2010, 10:12 AM
We have a plan to meet up with the Discovery somewhere in the Caribbean so that we can make a video of her. Not firm as yet but an intention on both sides.

Woods Designs
28th December 2010, 02:45 AM
We just came back from a very nice evening on board John and Caroline's Discovery Magic moored in Hopetown, Bahamas

It is certainly a very impressive boat, and excellent build quality

I think any one in the market for a luxury owner-sailed (non charter) boat should seriously consider this one.

It will be exhibited at the Miami show in February

We are both sailing to the same harbour tomorrow so if there is wind I'll take some video

But to be honest, we won't mind if the wind drops and we motor as its been blowing over 30 knots here for 3 days and we're getting a little tired of it.

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com