PDA

View Full Version : SIG 45

Nordic
15th November 2008, 12:23 PM
Here is a video showing some nice sailing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fUiXf4_7wA&feature=related

Alan

solarbri
16th November 2008, 10:34 PM
That's one hot looking boat!
I wonder about adding some sort of very light weight bimini (double sided solar panels sitting on a super light frame work?).
Make it a bit more like a MaineCat.
Would that add TOO much weight?
Seems like it would be a good option to turn this Hot platform into a viable high performance cruising cat!
Can't wait to see more of this awesome cat!!:eek:

Nordic
17th November 2008, 08:03 AM
Solarbri-

sounds like a good idea! It definately needs some protection on deck IMO, it all adds a bit of weight and windage, but she would still be a fast boat..

Alan

ronflonflon
17th November 2008, 12:23 PM
Wow, beautiful sailing, very fast !

I noticed they have NKE display and probably also autopilot., used a lot by the french and for the mini transat.

Nordic
23rd November 2008, 09:06 PM
The NKE autopilot has 9 pre-configurable setups, for optimised performance in different conditions. That is just one of the really neat features. Also trimming of control parameters looks better than what I have on my Raymarine unit.

These NKE units are also cheaper than other high end kit, and work really well with e.g. Maxsea.

Definitely my first choice for a performance cat.

Alan

Nordic
23rd November 2008, 09:07 PM
Notice the immersed transoms!

Alan

Ozmultis
11th March 2009, 03:03 PM
Notice the immersed transoms!

Fixed - there seemed to be only one transom in the water at any given time.

BigCat
25th September 2010, 02:38 AM
That's one hot looking boat!
I wonder about adding some sort of very light weight bimini (double sided solar panels sitting on a super light frame work?).
Make it a bit more like a MaineCat.
Would that add TOO much weight?
Seems like it would be a good option to turn this Hot platform into a viable high performance cruising cat!
Can't wait to see more of this awesome cat!!:eek:

For a minimum drag, a very flat carbon fiber structure that gimbals would be nice. This boat heels, and you don't want wind under the shelter. I'd make the top easily demountable for safety in high winds, too. Man, what a hot piece of sporting goods this boat is.

BigCat
25th September 2010, 02:39 AM
Fixed - there seemed to be only one transom in the water at any given time.

How can you tell? I didn't see it at rest in the videos. Maybe you have seen it or a photo of it at dock?