PDA

View Full Version : Bridge deck clearances

Catman
30th November 2008, 08:45 PM
Does the Leopard line of catamarans have any problems with bridge deck slamming?
The profile of the cats is great but I am wondering if that sleek look has a price to pay, that the clearances between the underside of the brickdeck and the water is to low.
Please repond with any and all comments to this and other characteristics.
I do need a min. of 6'4" in all areas, how does the 45' & 47' Leopards fair in this regard.
How do you find the Leopards for storage capacity for living aboard?
Thanks, Cataman :)

OkinawaCat
1st January 2009, 03:04 AM
Not sure about the older ones, but the New 2009s have it all from what I have seen so far. Minimum 6'5" headroom throughout, Tons of storage space and bridge clearance is one of the best in its class. Thus me ordering one.

The 47 looks a bit low as far as bridge clearance is concerned.

B

lhsmith
24th April 2009, 03:12 PM
Maybe too small for you, but R&C told me that the Leopard 40 has a bridgedeck clearance of 68cm when she is down on her waterline, and that the number is good from mast to transom if the boat is properly trimmed.

Tulliana
24th April 2009, 06:32 PM
Does the Leopard line of catamarans have any problems with bridge deck slamming?
The profile of the cats is great but I am wondering if that sleek look has a price to pay, that the clearances between the underside of the brickdeck and the water is to low.
Please repond with any and all comments to this and other characteristics.
I do need a min. of 6'4" in all areas, how does the 45' & 47' Leopards fair in this regard.
How do you find the Leopards for storage capacity for living aboard?
Thanks, Cataman :)

If you want to know everything about the 45 & 47 go to the Yahoo group page where there are loads of owners who can give you all the information you need. Currently they are discussing buying a 47 coming out of charter and the potential pitfalls which sounds like what you are possibly considering. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LeopardCat/
I hope that helps