PDA

View Full Version : Forestay swage problem

catamangos
11th June 2010, 08:26 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm the owner of a Leopard 40 , built in 2007, and I enjoy it .

Just a problem with the forestay swage : I have to change the Profurl C 350 lower extrusion (damaged) , but it seems impossible to get the extrusions out of the forestay : the swage width is 33 mm , but the inside extrusion width is only 30 mm : did the yard swage the wire AFTER fitting the extrusions ??

I've asked Wichard-Profurl hotline in France , and they told me that the upper swage must be devissable, so when unscrewed , the wire could pass into each extrusions .... but it is not devissable .

Please help me to find a solution , how to dismantle those extrusions out of the forestay?
........ I don't want to cut it !

Does somebody already face this problem ?

Best regards, Eric.

catamangos
11th June 2010, 08:50 AM
Some pics of this swage .

paulrack
11th June 2010, 11:05 AM
Email sparcraft/southern spars in Cape Town, they would be able to tell you, you can get the email off their website. Have you got a manual for the furler?

catamangos
11th June 2010, 01:21 PM
Yes , the Profurl manual never tells about doing the swage after fitting the extrusions, of course ! That's why I'm so surprised to discover that ... unless there is a solution I ignore ?

Good idea you give : I'll mail to Southern Spars Sparcraft, Capetown , let's hope they could explain me . Regards , Eric .