PDA

View Full Version : Lady Hawke

TYRNTLZRDKING
19th December 2010, 10:46 PM
http://www.lhcat.com/scheda.php?cod_rif=20080926132856

sutton
22nd June 2012, 09:16 AM
I am interested in purchasing a Lady Hawk 33 cabin catamaran, can anyone give me an indication of it's build quality, and sea keeping abilities.

James Val Jackson
22nd June 2012, 10:21 AM
I am interested in purchasing a Lady Hawk 33 cabin catamaran, can anyone give me an indication of it's build quality, and sea keeping abilities.

Gooday 'sutton' are you personally associated with the building company ???

Why are you interested in purchasing a catamaran manufactured &/or promoted by a conpany that can not even present a comprehensive advertising package that anyone can open & read. Their boats would want to be 1000% better than the efforts at PR which is not good at all.

I wish you lots of luck - think you'll need all you can have on your

I wish them much success with their manufacture & sales. I sure hope they get much better at their presentation.

Do be very careful you don't end up dealing with a company - the likes of St. Francis Marine & end up with a boat you have to totally re-do as Paul & Leslie have had to do with theirs at the cost of 10's of 10000 of dollars of their own money.

Be aware - that a pretty picture does not make a good boat ! ! & that once you've parted with your money - you may well be all on your own. Ciao, james - semi retired boat builder.

sutton
22nd June 2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks James, as a semi retired boat builder can you recommend a company who produces a smaller type catamaran (30 to 36 feet) for cruising.

IreAneY
22nd June 2012, 06:46 PM
Why are you interested in purchasing a catamaran manufactured &/or promoted by a conpany that can not even present a comprehensive advertising package that anyone can open & read. .

James, Your comments are a bit uncalled for I think :rolleyes, as you probably have no history of dealing with this company, so starting a witch hunt or critising them in this way is very unnecessary and causes some people to immediately think they are a bad company:(.
If you found difficulty in getting info from their web site, why did you not try and search again on google as the original link posted in #1 appears to be flawed, so go here http://www.lhcat.com/

IreAneY
22nd June 2012, 06:51 PM

Hi Sutton
I too was very interested in this cat, it is designed by Eric Lerouge a very highly admired designer with a great success in designs for cruising and racing:).
My boat a Solaris Sunstar 32 is I believe a previous model of the LadyCat 33, she sails very well, behaves well at sea and has copious amounts of space in a smaller cat with slim hulls, she is also very easy to handle single handed:).
The LH33 has some good and sensible improvements over mine which I envy to a point:(.
I found their response to my original investigating emails very sound and proffessional, so maybe you should assess them yourself instead of listening to a know it all who know's nothing.;):rolleyes
If I can be of any furthyer help PM me.
Cheers
Ian

multihullsailor6
22nd June 2012, 09:16 PM
Ian,

Well said, my full support!

IreAneY
22nd June 2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks James, as a semi retired boat builder can you recommend a company who produces a smaller type catamaran (30 to 36 feet) for cruising.

I doubt it, he only made canoes :D

IreAneY
22nd June 2012, 10:28 PM
Ian,

Well said, my full support!
Hi Roger
Thanks, I hope you are well and 'Burnout' is looking after you.:)
Cheers
Ian

paulrack
22nd June 2012, 11:27 PM
That is the best looking cat in that size I have seen? I love the interior look as well. Have never seen anything about them before.

sutton
23rd June 2012, 09:28 AM
HI Ian, the fact that you have a Solaris Sunstar 32, and are pleased with it, says something for Lady Hawk. I have recently sold my monohull ( 1974 Bowman 40 ) and am looking for a smaller multihull. I looked at a Fastcat 305 near Amsterdam, and a Rayvin 30 in Barcelona, both built by Rayvin in South Africa. Both models where built around 2006, I spent about 3 hrs looking at the Fastcat 305, and about 15 min looking at the Rayvin 30. I have no kind words for their build quality. Apart from the Lady Hawk 33 cabin, the only other boat of similar size is the Aventura 33, but its recent test in Multihull Worlds Magazine , did not impress me. I will keep looking as I am getting land sick. Tony

peter-lillywhite
23rd June 2012, 01:09 PM
Sutton,

Erik Lerouge brokerage is at...http://www.lerouge-yachts.com/brokerag.htm

No connection, just a very satisfied Azuli owner.

Peter.

searenitysail
24th June 2012, 07:16 PM
Hi Sutton
I too was very interested in this cat, it is designed by Eric Lerouge a very highly admired designer with a great success in designs for cruising and racing:).
My boat a Solaris Sunstar 32 is I believe a previous model of the LadyCat 33, she sails very well, behaves well at sea and has copious amounts of space in a smaller cat with slim hulls, she is also very easy to handle single handed:).
The LH33 has some good and sensible improvements over mine which I envy to a point:(...
Ian

Ian,

Thanks for the link to the LadyHawk site; she certainly is a nice looking boat. I don't think many multihull sailors on this side had any that boat idea existed, though Eric Lerouge is known. The selection of available small cats might be much greater in Europe than the US.

From what I can see, the LH supports the point in my thread about a dream boat not necessarily having to cross oceans: http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

When I was looking for a small cat, the Sunstar 32 actually caught my eye when looking through the Multihulls Guide but none could be found over here! I am glad you are happy with Babiba and hope you have a good sailing season!

Marshall

James Val Jackson
25th June 2012, 12:02 AM

Gooday 'sutton'. Why not look into a 'Seawind' catamaran - possibly a tad expensive - but seems to be very well spoken of - by lots of current owners - with only 1 - that I know of - disgruntled - person (don't know if he really owns 1 or is just 'bitchin' but what we all know is that he's not come forward & said anything concrete or believable - at this stage). You might go into 'google' & find that there are several 'Seawind' cats for sale - which might give you a better overall view of the market & allow you more insite as to what is available & at what prices.

To ian - Roger - others & Paul.

As Paul says - very nice looking vessel - wish we could see more about the whole project. As I said - I sure wish them well & trust is sails properly & the company is forthcoming with some great info & pics.

ian - it's easy to see your attitude equals your economy - not all that well adjusted & in decline. :p
Roger - not like you to be so negative. :confused:

I didn't say I didn't like or respect the vessel - what I did say was the original poster - was advertising (which is fine) but that the advertising was rather a tad poor.

If you chaps can't see that - suggest you go & have your eyes tested.

Have a great day - chappies. ciao, james. :cool:

PS - ian - could I build you a canoe ??? ::)

searenitysail
25th June 2012, 01:49 AM
...I didn't say I didn't like or respect the vessel - what I did say was the original poster - was advertising (which is fine) but that the advertising was rather a tad poor.

If you chaps can't see that - suggest you go & have your eyes tested.

Have a great day - chappies. ciao, james. :cool:

PS - ian - could I build you a canoe ??? ::)

BTW James, the OP TYRNTLZRDKING, or Jeff, was once a regular contributing member on this forum who posted it as an FYI as he had a Maine Cat 30 on order at the time.

That DOES happen here--members posting informative links for others to read!

It was an FYI, NOT an advertisement, so I guess maybe YOU need to go and have YOUR eyes tested! (Or at least stop making unfounded critical remarks like that!):D

Unfortunately, Jeff left the forum after an ugly incident where some members showed their worst sides and it got real personal; it was probably one of our low points on M4Us, IMHO. I wish Jeff well with his MC30 up in Michigan and hope he rejoins sometime so we can hear how he is enjoying his boat.

BTW, his posts remain on the forum and you may see them pop up in old threads from time to time; he is identified as GUEST because he dropped his membership.

Marshall

IreAneY
25th June 2012, 04:39 PM
Marshall,

Well said and nearly 100% correct.

In fact when I was a moderator with Jeff in the times when we had a bit of fun, well a lot:D (maybe too much, I don't know ;)), Jeff and I decided to increase the mini forum side with a list of all manufacturers etc we could think of with links to web sites etc.:)

I actually started the Erik Lerouge listing, but one day Jeff thought that I had BANNED him whilst playing some pranks as he could not get on line (I hadn't, the only person I banned for a laugh was JKD and he never realised :() , when he did get back on line, as a retaliation (in fun of course, but not justified) he decided to delete some of my boat builder listings and Erik was one of them, he then found out I had not banned him so quickly he reinstated my listings and maybe put in a bad link.

James if you want to be rude :rolleyes then bring it on, you should have used your intelligence like others would have and re-tried the link or even typed in Lady Hawke Catamarans before critisizing something you know absolutely SHIT about. Their web site gives some lovely pictures , full boat specs and a PRICE which others don't, plus if you emailed them, you no doubt like I did, get a very polite response from Amedeo Migali, plus every Christmas I get a nice electronic Christmas Card with some pictures and greetings :)

Its a shame people are all too ready to critize without all the facts.

Ian

BTW James, the OP TYRNTLZRDKING, or Jeff, was once a regular contributing member on this forum who posted it as an FYI as he had a Maine Cat 30 on order at the time.

That DOES happen here--members posting informative links for others to read!

It was an FYI, NOT an advertisement, so I guess maybe YOU need to go and have YOUR eyes tested! (Or at least stop making unfounded critical remarks like that!):D

Unfortunately, Jeff left the forum after an ugly incident where some members showed their worst sides and it got real personal; it was probably one of our low points on M4Us, IMHO. I wish Jeff well with his MC30 up in Michigan and hope he rejoins sometime so we can hear how he is enjoying his boat.

BTW, his posts remain on the forum and you may see them pop up in old threads from time to time; he is identified as GUEST because he dropped his membership.

Marshall

Lady Hawke Cat
3rd July 2012, 08:12 PM

Hi sutton and thanks for your interest. Actually, as someone already noticed, our website and spec sheet are a bit inaccurate, but it's due to our restyling work.
You will be soon able to visit a brand new web site with details and new contents.

In the meanwhile, make sure you check our facebook page on facebook.com/ladyhawkecat (http://www.facebook.com/ladyhawkecat).

I am sure you will find some remarkable pictures. Besides, you can always contact us by email on info "at" lhcat.com .

Hope to write to you soon,

The Lady Hawke staff

Lady Hawke Cat
3rd July 2012, 08:51 PM
Marshall,

Well said and nearly 100% correct.

In fact when I was a moderator with Jeff in the times when we had a bit of fun, well a lot:D (maybe too much, I don't know ;)), Jeff and I decided to increase the mini forum side with a list of all manufacturers etc we could think of with links to web sites etc.:)

I actually started the Erik Lerouge listing, but one day Jeff thought that I had BANNED him whilst playing some pranks as he could not get on line (I hadn't, the only person I banned for a laugh was JKD and he never realised :() , when he did get back on line, as a retaliation (in fun of course, but not justified) he decided to delete some of my boat builder listings and Erik was one of them, he then found out I had not banned him so quickly he reinstated my listings and maybe put in a bad link.

James if you want to be rude :rolleyes then bring it on, you should have used your intelligence like others would have and re-tried the link or even typed in Lady Hawke Catamarans before critisizing something you know absolutely SHIT about. Their web site gives some lovely pictures , full boat specs and a PRICE which others don't, plus if you emailed them, you no doubt like I did, get a very polite response from Amedeo Migali, plus every Christmas I get a nice electronic Christmas Card with some pictures and greetings :)

Its a shame people are all too ready to critize without all the facts.

Ian

Of course thanks IreAneY for supporting our shipyard too.
If you plan to test our brand new 33, you are very welcome in Italy :)

SteveH
4th July 2012, 10:16 AM
Your new 33 is a very nice looking boat. I wish you good luck with it.
It is nice to see a manufacturer producing smaller sized boats.:)

IreAneY
4th July 2012, 08:43 PM
Here are the Christmas Cards I have received from these nice people.

sutton
7th July 2012, 09:21 AM
Dear lady hawk staff, the LH33 looks stunning, what boat show's will you be exhibiting it at? Have you designed a bimini for it yet? Bimini's are very important to Irish people, as we frequently sail in gale force winds, with horizontal rain and sleet. Also our skin is very sensitive to the sun, we rarely catch a glimpse of it here so it's not a problem, but if we where to travel to Italy on a hot summers day, we would be in danger of spontaneous combustion, due to our red hair, and freckled white skin, all that would remain of us is a lump of ash on the deck.
Sutton

ColdFusion
7th July 2012, 10:38 AM
Dear lady hawk staff, the LH33 looks stunning, what boat show's will you be exhibiting it at? Have you designed a bimini for it yet? Bimini's are very important to Irish people, as we frequently sail in gale force winds, with horizontal rain and sleet. Also our skin is very sensitive to the sun, we rarely catch a glimpse of it here so it's not a problem, but if we where to travel to Italy on a hot summers day, we would be in danger of spontaneous combustion, due to our red hair, and freckled white skin, all that would remain of us is a lump of ash on the deck.
Sutton

::)

Brilliant! Thanks for making me laugh on this dreary British summer morning.

IreAneY
7th July 2012, 10:52 AM
Dear lady hawk staff, the LH33 looks stunning, what boat show's will you be exhibiting it at? Have you designed a bimini for it yet?

Sutton
They do one already but it is a folding bimini (picture below), do you mean a fixed bimini option?
Ian

multihullsailor6
8th July 2012, 10:47 PM
Ian,

Are you sure that is a "folding bimini"? - it looks to me like a fixed one made of canvas (like you find on the older Lagoon 380s).

I have just fitted a folding bimini to "Burnout" to cover the cockpit only, attached at the front to the cabin roof and a folding stainless steel support which when opened is held in place with two bungee cords for flexibility. When I am sailing I roll it up and it rests at the back of the cabin roof.

IreAneY
8th July 2012, 10:57 PM
Hi Roger
Looking closely at my pictures and blowing them up, it is a stainless folding frame with a cord at the front corners attached to a deck fitting at the edge of the deck, so I assume that it folds up at the back of the cockpit just inside the main sheet.
I must ask them if they have more pictures as it could work for me.

Lady Hawke Cat
9th July 2012, 12:28 PM
Sutton
Hi sutton,
yes we already designed a bimini.
It is not a fixed one, you can easily roll it up when you don't need it. Do you mean a fixed one?

As for the exhibiting show, we are planning our presence in Cannes and Genova boat shows.

Do not esitate to contact us for further info, since our summer promotion is still available :)

Kind regards