PDA

View Full Version : New Leopard 44

catamangos
24th January 2011, 11:51 AM
Hi everybody , happy 2011 !

Does anybody knows something about the brand new L 44 ?...
How does it look like : rather a "small" 46 , or a big 39 ?
Built where : China or Capetown ?
Designer : Morreli / Melvin ?

I know that the Miami Strictly Sail will learn more, but it's pretty far from my Reunion Island ... if any info , please let know ! Thanks , Eric .

paulrack
24th January 2011, 02:25 PM
I think it is actually 42ft long (I stand corrected here) It has a similar look to the leopard 39, but with a section in front of the coachroof that is under a "Verandah" cover. They are built in Cape Town, I think hull number two is in the water in Cape Town at the moment and number one on its way to Miami.

catamangos
25th January 2011, 05:08 PM
Good evening Paul Rack ; excuse my poor english but I don't understand what means "coach roof " ?

Did you take some pictures ?

Thanks for your reply , Eric .

dmmbruce
25th January 2011, 05:15 PM
Good evening Paul Rack ; excuse my poor english but I don't understand what means "coach roof " ?

Did you take some pictures ?

Thanks for your reply , Eric .

Catamangos, if you have poor english, I despair of mine! :D

Don't apologise! ;)

Mike

paulrack
25th January 2011, 07:09 PM
Hi Eric

I did take some pics of the one I saw being launched. I am not sure how happy leopard will be if I post them as I know they are having the launch in Miami. I guess there are some pics around so I will find them and post them.

The coachroof is the saloon roof.

Cheers Paul

catamangos
26th January 2011, 07:01 AM
Good morning Paul ,

thanks for reply . I understand what could feel the yard if pics where top secret ... but I'm only a customer , not a dangerous spy ! ::)

If you think it's correct , I'd really be glad to see how this 44/42 looks like ... have a nice sailing in South Africa ! Eric.

Scott Woodruff
26th January 2011, 01:30 PM
Good Mooring,

I thought that it would be a good time to jump in. In regards to Catamangos response, Leopard is not concerned that you are a spy. When we launch a product we want to make certain that our Sales Team is properly prepared to discuss the yacht with all the necessary information and preferably first hand knowledge of the yacht. To this end we need to have brochures in place, technical data complete with methodology in their hands, and most importantly a yacht to show. This is why we have chosen the Miami Boat Show to launch this new innovative yacht. So this is not an issue of us trying to keep secrets it is a matter of professionalism.

With all of that said, as Paul has pointed out, Sunsail has already released preliminary information on this yacht as they will be buying these yachts for their charter fleet. You can find renderings and the charter layout of the yacht at: http://www.sunsail.com/fleet/sunsail-444-4-cabin-catamaran-yacht . Also they launched their charter yacht at the London Boat Show so there is additional information at: http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=155340 .

I hope this information is helpfully and we look forward to seeing and discussing this yacht with you at the Miami Boat Show. For those of you that can not make it to the show please feel free to contact me on February 17th and I will have one of the sales people forward on brochures and what ever else you may want in regards to this yacht.

Kind Regards,
Scott Woodruff
Leopard Catamarans
Cell: (727) 366-1703
E-mail: swoodruff@leopardcatamarans.com

dmmbruce
26th January 2011, 01:37 PM
What a good respose. Thanks!

Mike

catamangos
26th January 2011, 02:54 PM
Dear Mr Woodruff ,

thanks for your post ; I appreciate your professionalism.

Miami boat show is in a few weeks now , so I 'll wait untill next month to get news about this new 44 ... please excuse my impatience , sometimes I'm just like a kid looking forward a new toy .

Florida is too far from me to get there , but I may take the time to fly to France in April , cause I've been heard that the Leopard 44 will be at the French Multihull Boatshow in "La Grande Motte" : do you confirm ?

Best regards , Eric Ecarlat , Leopard 40 "BABY LOU", Reunion Island.

Careka
23rd February 2011, 08:25 AM
i just got this mail.

I thought that you might be interested to hear that we will be showing in April catamarans going into the Sunsail and Moorings fleets.
We will be displaying the Robertson and Caine built Leopard 39 (Moorings 3900), Leopard 44 (Sunsail 444) and Leopard 46 (Moorings 4600)

Built in Cape Town, it is not often that there is an opportunity to view all of the models at one time. This is a great opportunity to get aboard and get a feel for what these catamarans have to offer.
They will be on show between 14th - 17th April at La Grande Motte Boat Show in France. This is easily accessable with many cheap flights available to Montpellier and then just a 20 minute taxi ride.

If you would like more information about any of these yachts, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Julian, Aurie and Hayden
TUI Marine Yacht Ownership

Rkghost
2nd March 2011, 01:45 PM
I saw and was on leopard 44 in miami it was very nice if i had the funds id make it my first choice. Its a slightly larger version of the leopard 39 with an additional great foward cockpit. Great spot for kids or just nice place to watch where your going rather than where youve been. Like having front and back porch on a house with sails.