PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 45 Hard top Bimini

JAYSANDY
27th January 2011, 02:12 PM
Has anyone had a hardtop custom made... I have a 2000 Leopard 45 and am looking into a hardtop ??

JohnT
28th January 2011, 08:56 PM
Get hold of Kent at JustCatamarans, he should be able to help you. Do a search of JustCatamarans on the forum to send him a PM.
John

MooseMoney
4th February 2011, 11:21 AM
Has anyone had a hardtop custom made... I have a 2000 Leopard 45 and am looking into a hardtop ??

Do you want to buy one or build one yourself?

JAYSANDY
4th February 2011, 12:05 PM
I would prefer to buy one that ha already been made, do you have one or any info/help, thanks

Sully
4th February 2011, 10:38 PM
I don't have the exact contact information, but I know there is a place in the VI's that makes them for the Moorings as an aftermarket item.

They've made a lot of them so with the year of your boat, they will already have the dimensions.

Wish I had their name. Maybe a call to the Moorings base in the VIs would work?

TYRNTLZRDKING
4th February 2011, 10:50 PM
There is info on another Leopard 45 custom hardtop here...

http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179

BVI painters at Nanny Cay in Tortola.

Leopard 45' / 47' - $13,300

MooseMoney
6th February 2011, 12:15 PM
I would prefer to buy one that ha already been made, do you have one or any info/help, thanks

We are building a new hardtop as we speak. The yacht is a sister ship of the Leopard 47 which we extended to 50'. I did the design in CorelDraw, export this to DXF format into a 3D modelling program where a full scale model was created. This was sliced into lengths and exported to our 3 axis CNC machine where we cut all the components for the male plug. We are alomost done with the male plug construction and will commence with layups this coming week.

The hardtop includes space for 2 very large solar panels, 2 laminated glass panel to view the mast wind instrument, a pod underneath to house lights, night lights and 6 x 400 watt speakers. Provision was made for side covers to be rolled and neatly tucked away when not in use. The layups are 0/90 and -45/+45 S glass, epoxy and 25 mm NidaCore.

http://www.weizter.org/Images/Bimini1.jpg

mainstaysailing
9th February 2011, 04:05 AM
Hi Jaysandy

Also have a 2000 Leopard and am right with you on the hard top upgrade. There was a posting from a guy in FT Lauderdale(US) that was building a mold for hard top and 3' extentions - try 'JustCatamarans', I believe he is a member here.
As we are about a year away from upgrading (9 month old needs to grow stronger) I will follow your progress with interest.
How do you feel about the wash astern when doing 7+kts ? A 3' add-on seems like a good investment for a little more bouyancy for davits and a cleaner wake/better boatspeed ??
Jon D

mainstaysailing
9th February 2011, 04:18 AM
Hi again Jay

JustCatamarans have a website.

See http://www.justcatamarans.net/Html/services_rigging.htm for some familiar views of Leopard - some a bit gnarly, viewer discretion advised!

Jon D

Talbot
9th February 2011, 08:26 AM
When designing the hard top, make sure that you have adequate vision upwards to the sails when they are on either tack .

JAYSANDY
11th February 2011, 11:00 PM
hey Mainstaysailing... let me know if you find a fabricator, Just catamarans s'd in a reply that they won't be making anymore of these. maybe BVI painters, would do a deal

spencer FBG
20th March 2011, 08:07 PM
Marine Consultants BVI are now the builders of the Leopard Hard Tops.