PDA

View Full Version : 1994 PDQ 36

ToucanTooTravel
13th April 2012, 07:43 PM
Hi, has any one changed the dinette to a drop down and how and also has anyone swapped out the carbs on the yamaha 9.9's to make them 15hp. help on either one of these would be greatly appreciated:help

dmmbruce
13th April 2012, 08:39 PM
Hello, welcome, have you just bought a nice one? :)

Mike

ToucanTooTravel
13th April 2012, 09:15 PM
Yes we did buy a nice one.. It sails well and is a very comfortable traveler and liveaboard

dmmbruce
13th April 2012, 09:33 PM
Good! Sorry that I am no use on your original question. :)

Mike

Gringo
13th April 2012, 10:35 PM
We looked hard at one of those here, and we really liked the boat. The couple on it were great, and took a lot of time to show us the boat. They love it, too.

In the end, we decided that to be honest with ourselves, we needed more real estate. But from what I've found it's hard to beat a PDQ.

I've been researching boats for a while now, years, and every PDQ sailor I've talked to loved their boat.

Congratulations!

Steel Sails
19th April 2012, 12:13 AM
go to the PDQ forum

www.pdqforum.com (http://www.pdqforum.com) it's dedicated to PDQ boats, you will find lots of info there.

Regards

Steel Sails
PDQ 36067

therapy
19th April 2012, 07:06 PM
and also has anyone swapped out the carbs on the yamaha 9.9's to make them 15hp. help on either one of these would be greatly appreciated:help

When I looked into it swapping out the carbs was not the only thing different. The reed valves are a different size. The block cutout is bigger also, meaning a different block.

I think Yamaha knew this during manufacture. They would not sell many 15s if it was really easy.