PDA

View Full Version : GORI dual folding prop

M.Andre Vasu
29th August 2012, 10:27 PM
Lost one of my Gori dual folding props.Talking to AB Marine in RI and looking at schematic I was surprised to find that there is no PIN that goes through the nut and shaft.
There is a nut and a bolt installed with loctite 243 and torqued to an appropriate value.
What experiences has the group had with GORI props?

dmmbruce
30th August 2012, 04:27 PM
Lost one of my Gori dual folding props.Talking to AB Marine in RI and looking at schematic I was surprised to find that there is no PIN that goes through the nut and shaft.
There is a nut and a bolt installed with loctite 243 and torqued to an appropriate value.

Here is one thread that may give you more information, http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4260&highlight=gori

If you use the 'Search' facility at the top of the page, you will find there are quite a few more!

Unfortunately, your experience is not unique

Good luck with it.

Mike

MooseMoney
8th September 2012, 02:33 PM

Take a tip from a ex-Gori customer;
Do not buy another Gori prop - it will fall off in time and all you will get from Gori is total denial. Rather buy some other propellers. I since bought Flexofold propellers and there are multi layered mechanical precautions against the props falling off. So far, I'm happy with them.

JasonL
13th August 2016, 01:22 PM
I'm new to Leopards, ( just bought my first! A 2007 40') has anyone come up with a method to mechanically hold the shaft nut in place, without drilling a pin hole in the splined shaft?

maybe a small hole between the flats on the securing nut, and stainless tie wire, through a small diam hole/s in the Gori housing?

tamicatana
13th August 2016, 01:35 PM
well that's odd... mine have holes in the shaft and nuts and a cotter pin goes thru. There may be also a screw that goes into a hole at the end of it. Mine are on Volvo engines, others may vary. I can say that I have recently replaced one of my Gori propellers which was presumably 24 years old (the prop didn't have a collar zinc, or I'd have kept it.)

M.Andre Vasu
13th August 2016, 04:37 PM
I owned 2009 Leopard 40 with Yanmar SD 20 sail drives and 2 blade Gori folding props kept falling off. I no longer own the boat, however you should contact the fellow who fixed the problem for me Joe Hanko in Ft Myers 239 789 7510 or Email. capntjoe@restless.to
Best of luck
M.Andre Vasu