PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 58

brian eiland
9th September 2012, 05:54 PM
I just saw this pic of the new 58 foot model. Don't know about you but I consider this butt ugly for a sailboat.

sigmasailor
9th September 2012, 10:57 PM
I cannot wait for some designer to come up with even an extra deck for fishing. If we wait long enough sailboats will look the same like some of those dedicated fishing boats with lots of 'needed' platforms look like.

brian eiland
10th September 2012, 03:08 AM
I have no doubt that this vessel packs a lot of punch in its 58 feet....lots of space, etc. Its just that its a hodgepodge of shapes all thrown together.

That dingy platform in the rear looks as though it could double as a fishing platform.

ColdFusion
10th September 2012, 12:27 PM
I just saw this pic of the new 58 foot model. Don't know about you but I consider this butt ugly for a sailboat.

From the pic you posted it's hard to disagree with your sentiment!

Talbot
10th September 2012, 02:26 PM
Flying bridges have no possible utility on serious sailing boats. The thought of being up on that bridge in bad weather is enough to turn me chartreuse.

doubledip
10th September 2012, 03:08 PM
The thought of being up on that bridge in bad weather is enough to turn me chartreuse.

And then imagine having to sort out jammed reefing lines another 10' further up - and things gets even more exiting!

smj
10th September 2012, 03:17 PM
I cant think of anything positive to say about this boat. So I won't
Say anything........ But geeeez what the heck was the designer thinking?

dmmbruce
10th September 2012, 07:14 PM
It probably shows the error of designing in all the features 'marketing' asked for. Without enough thought for the boat, or its resale potential.

After all, the camel was a horse designed by a (marketing) committee.

Mike

sigmasailor
10th September 2012, 09:04 PM
That dingy platform in the rear looks as though it could double as a fishing platform.

Yes, but it sooo low you cannot spot the fish from there; something a lot higher is needed......