PDA

View Full Version : Completed purchase of Moorings 46'

tilmonday
13th September 2012, 09:49 PM
I just completed the purchase of a Leopard 46' from the moorings fleet and wanted to share my experience. I purchased the boat from the St. Lucia base and it went great. The boat was going through the phase out when I had the survey done. There where 50 items identified in the survey and Moorings agreed to take care of all of them. The sales rep from Moorings Jim Adams was a joy to work with. He really did a great job representing my concerns and it was hard to believe he actually worked for moorings. After the purchase was complete we moved the boat 1100 miles up to Georgetown Exumas over a 7 day period of almost all motoring. Hurricane Leslie stole all the winds. The motors performed flawlessly and the only issues that cropped up was a bilge pump switch went and an AC water pump failed. Of course they both worked on the dock prior to departure. Overall I had expected way worse. If anyone wants additional info than feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Dave Daniels
"Island Girl"

dmmbruce
13th September 2012, 10:18 PM
Very well done.

Sounds as though you are delighted, and I hope you are.

Good to hear such a positive description.

Cheers!

Mike

Ozmultis
13th September 2012, 10:27 PM
Congratulations, and kudos for reporting on a good experience with a seller/broker.

therapy
13th September 2012, 11:11 PM
Nice to hear you had a good experience.

Was it a "good deal"? You don't have to give numbers if you don't want to.

How old is the boat?

Care to go into the 50 items at all?

Since I am simply in an "armchair" I have nothing to do otherwise unless the phone rings.

D&D
13th September 2012, 11:23 PM
Congratulations, and kudos for reporting on a good experience with a seller/broker.

What Andrew said...:thumb

tilmonday
14th September 2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks all for your kudos. Yes, I feel it was a good deal. The boat is a 2008 after coming out of charter for 5 years. Being a St. Lucia boat I do not think it gets the volume of charters that the boats in the BVI's get.

The 50 items where all not major and a great deal where part of the phase out program anyways. Since the boat came out of charter in May they had used it for a parts boat for the other boats at the base. So many of the pumps had to be replaced with new ones.

Also this model is in high demand as all the boat 46's that came out of charter went under agreement pretty fast. The only thing I would have changed was to try and get a crewed boat as they have way more options and accessories like a dingy.

-Dave

twinsailor
14th September 2012, 09:44 PM
Despite a couple of little bumps in the road things worked out pretty well. Enjoy your Island Girl Dave.
Jim