PDA

View Full Version : Marinas for Multihulls in Delaware

d2d
5th February 2013, 06:35 PM
Would anyone know of marinas in Delaware that can accommodate in water a 47 ft sailing cat?

Thanks.

searenitysail
5th February 2013, 10:07 PM
d2d,

Just in case you don't find something in Delaware or are willing to go a little further, I used Tidewater Yacht Service Center in Baltimore, MD to commission my boat before I sailed her home to Long Island. http://tysc.com/

They are multihull-friendly, and can certainly handle docking as well as hauling you; several catamarans were wintering on the hard there when I was there. They were a host when the Volvo 'Round the World Race stopped in Baltimore several years ago.

Great facilities and they allow you to work on your boat. Yard is graded blue stone or blacktop pavement, so no mud. Individual restroom facilities (about 6) have individual showers with heat lamps. They have a rigger on staff, and I found manager Brett Steinmiller to be a real good guy to work with.

They are just off I-95, first exit south of the Ft. McHenry tunnel. You can see their facility from I-95. They are about a 10-15 minute ride from BWI Airport.

I hope this at least gives you an option.

Marshall