PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 42/43 bathroom remodel?

Potcake1016
27th April 2014, 06:48 PM
Greetings all ye multihull enthusiasts

The admiral and I are getting very close to purchasing our second home! Got per approved for some financing and now just have to choose a boat. The Leopard 42/43 have always been high on my list for a number of reasons. Foremost being the big athwart ship berths in the forward cabin and huge cockpit seating area plus passarelle at the aft end. I also like the fact that the four cabin charter version would still work pretty well as a live aboard, which brings me to my big question. Is it possible to essentially remove the interior walls and floors of the two heads and build out a single larger head and shower area. I know lots of boats the shower/head compartments are molded in and thus would probably be more of a pain than it is worth to try. We think we could just remove the aft head, put in a teak grate floor to make it level and use it as a separate shower. We would love an owners version but they are just a bit too spendy. Anyway any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Will

lhsmith
2nd February 2015, 05:13 PM
Before we purchased our owner's version 43, I asked Alex Simonis (designer) and Kent Grimbeek (Just Catamarans, Inc) the same question, there not being many owner's versions on the market. Alex said that it should be possible because bulkheads matched between the 2 models. Kent, however, told me that it is not practical, because of the difficulties in making headliners. I would be interested in hearing what others might have done....