PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 58 Review

1erCRU
30th May 2014, 03:27 PM
Multihulls-world.com is offering a free download (2 days only) of the Leopard 58 test if anyone is interested.

http://www.multihulls-world.com/us/boat-review-test-catamaran-trimaran/0115-949-Leopard-58-LEOPARD-CATAMARANS.html

Ozmultis
30th May 2014, 11:01 PM
Was the test written by the Factory - don't get me wrong, I don't mind Leopards, particularly the years when Morelli and Melvin were doing the design, but this is just dribble:

Simonis and Marteen Voogt, have perfectly
integrated contemporary catamaran development
even to the point of becoming promoters
of daring innovations. An example being
that the forward cockpit is accessible from
the deck salon. Apart from the fact its not a cockpit, just a saloon, its hardly innovative. Chris White has been doing it for years. With a real, "sail the boat from there cockpit".

1erCRU
30th May 2014, 11:49 PM
Not my cup of tea either, but I'll bet someone is lusting after one.

I generally read all the various reviews. If I just get a single idea or solution, it's worth my time. (I hate to admit it here, but I even read monohull reviews and tests!) :D

smj
31st May 2014, 01:20 AM
I think I brought the design of this boat up in the CF.
I'm seriously considering strapping our 1000 sq. ft. house to a couple of floating pontoons and calling it a cruising catamaran. It would be less expensive and probably just as seaworthy.

Peter
31st May 2014, 04:54 AM
I think I brought the design of this boat up in the CF.
I'm seriously considering strapping our 1000 sq. ft. house to a couple of floating pontoons and calling it a cruising catamaran. It would be less expensive and probably just as seaworthy.

Probably better looking too.