PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane River

ForumAdmin
28th April 2009, 12:48 PM
We are hauling out at Brisbane Shiplifts in the Brisbane River. They have 3 enormous Travel lifts, and can take cats of almost any size.I'll let youknow how that goes. A second possibility is Watergate Yard, also in the Brisbane River.
Information supplied by Tom Walker

Ozmultis
28th April 2009, 04:05 PM
I have hauled at Brisbane Shiplifts (twice) , they are very good, very professional and easy to use. They are also within a (long)walk from the train station and an easy drive to chandleries etc. The only down side is that they are in an industrial area and sometimes the fallout is heavy and you need to give the boat a good wash down after you leave. But all in all very reliable.

44C
1st January 2012, 11:06 PM
I hauled out at the Gold Coast marine centre. They have this sort of remote controlled trolly that goes under the bridgedeck and lifts the boat on airbags. Very gentle on the boat.

The staff there were incredibly helpful. The slipway manger walks around all the boats daily to ask if they need anything. When we were putting the boat back in the water I was picking up the masking tape and other garbage and one of the staff said, "leave that, we'll clean up."

Probably not the cheapest place, but very good.

3timesbetter
1st September 2012, 10:30 AM
we put a 9m wide Tri in and out twice at Redland City Marina, all went very well.

downunder
1st September 2012, 11:27 PM
I have hauled at Brisbane Shiplifts (twice) , they are very good, very professional and easy to use. They are also within a (long)walk from the train station and an easy drive to chandleries etc. The only down side is that they are in an industrial area and sometimes the fallout is heavy and you need to give the boat a good wash down after you leave. But all in all very reliable.

I guess paul is talking of Brisbane, USA not Australia. :popcorn

seashine
20th June 2013, 12:52 PM
We used Redland City Marina and they were brilliant - a bit tricky navigating up the tight curves to get there with only a central motor but we did it so you can too! Used airbag type remote controlled tractor under the bridge deck ("Sea Lift") which worked well, in spite of the central engine in a pod...
They have a really helpful and very reasonable shipwright who was generous with his expertise, an engineer with a portable welder who did some "on the rudder" repairs, as well as a basic chandlery, a fibreglass supplier a few doors up the street and an outboard repair place next door with a magnificent selection of 316 fasteners. All very useful if you have no car :-)

Now we're further north (Hervey Bay region), looking to haul out somewhere that can take 8m beam - any ideas anyone? :help

Ozmultis
20th June 2013, 02:37 PM
I guess paul is talking of Brisbane, USA not Australia. :popcorn

Nah - I dont think there is a Brisbane Ship lifts in the Brisbane River in Brisbane CA in the god damn US of A. (san Fran)