Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Solaris Owners of the world unite!

Default Re: Solaris Owners of the world unite!

Quote Originally Posted by G&T View Post
    Hi Mike
    There are no existing sails !
    G&T
    Ah! A minor complication.

I suppose the previous owner didn't hand over any old documentation, invoices etc????

No, of course not. Ok, I will shut up since I can't be of any use!

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

I have a Solaris 42 Ketch rigged. We had "Mauriah" built in South Hampton England in 1987 by Malcolm Taylor. Any info I can supply I would gladly due so. New member.

Hello, welcome. Any news, pics etc of what you have been up to in a lovely 42ft boat since 1987.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

'Estrella del Sur' is currently on the hard in Fort Pierce, Florida for hurricane season.

Yes, Rnswain, welcome to the forum. So far as I am aware, this is the only thread dedicated to Solaris cats and we have a number of other owners of the 42. I gather you have owned and sailed her since new - I too would be interested in where you have taken her and how she has held up.

Brad

Hi all ,I am trying to discover if Solaris ever actually made a 'Sunstream 12' ? The 'Sunstream 40' is obviously around 12m LOA, however has anyone any information about the factory building and naming a 'Sunstream 12' model?

Many thanks if anyone on this interesting forum can help at all.

I'm looking at a Solaris Sunrise 36 Sport.

I've been having a hard time getting in contact with anyone who knows these boats. I've come across a couple of OLD postings from owners, but haven't been able to get in touch with any of them.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Duncan

#125 above^

We are the new owner's of a superb Solaris 'Sunstream 12' production No 000463.Launched in 1992 as 'Finally Flipped' then sailed from Southampton to HK by her ships Capt owner Charles Trevor Raper,sold in 1996 and renamed 'Ms Fai' then sailed to Thailand /Malaysia.Next sold in 2007 and renamed 'Solaris' .

We looking forward to many nm/smiles onboard 'Ocean Sky'.

Cutter rig with 2x Yanmar 40hp (only 185 hours).Very strong sturdy vessel.

We have a Solaris 42" ketch rig built in 1987 by Malcom Taylor. He built it for himself but had to sell it when his company went bankrupt. He then sold it to Mario Van Blerk. Malcom and his wife sailed her to the Rio Dulce in Guatemala to deliver her to Mario. We purchased her from Mario in 2007. She is currently being on the hard in Rio Dulce getting a top to bottom refit. She has lots of beautiful woodwork.

Hola and greetings to everyone here! We are new proud owners of a Solaris Sunrise 36 Sport. I believe it is the same boat in Seattle that Duncan was looking at. We actually looked at her several times 5 years ago and the owner would not take our offer at that time. We ended up purchasing a Lagoon cat in the Sea of Cortez instead. We cruised her there for a short while and then brought her up north to Seattle four years ago. We then cruised Alaska for 5 months in 2017 and sold her in April of 2018. The Solaris we had looked at 5 years ago has been for sale since. It has been through many brokers and auction sites with no buyers coming forward. It has been sitting in Lake Washington unused for 15 years after it’s second owners purchased her from the original owner that had sailed her across the Atlantic to the Caribbean from Southampton, or so I am told. They then had her shipped to their waterfront home in Seattle and tied her up to their private dock with very very little use since. It is a 1993 model year with 600 hours on the Yanmar 2gm20’S. We purchased her in September of 2018 and she has been on the hard ever since as we are in the midst of a complete and total refurbishment of her. Pulled and rebuilt both engines/saildrives/feathering props, all new saildrive boots and diaphragms, all new hoses/wiring/fuel/charging systems, removed and replaced all thru-hulls as well as new rudder bushings and the list goes on and on. Should be splashing in a few weeks then back to our slip to spend the next year completely rebuilding/replacing the interior, ports, hatches, sails, rigging, plumbing, heads, water maker, headliners, flooring, Bimini, arch for solar and dinghy, etc, etc, etc.....

I just wanted to join the Solaris club and see how many other Solaris sunrise 36 sports are out there in the world. I am also curious as to how many Sunrise models were built and even more specifically how many Sport models exist such as ours. I am having a hard time finding any information on these well built and wonderful boats. Anything you can offer would be most appreciated. Actually, does anyone have a list of all the Solaris cats manufactured and hull #’s? Mostly just out of curiosity.

I look forward to reinvigorating this thread and hearing from my fellow Solaris cat fans!

~Jake

Hi, I have Solaris Sunrise Sport hull #003, the hulls are from 1993, commissioned 1995, originally called "Early Bird" then "Catatonic" and now "Panacea" she came with a complete paperwork history even including the original sales brochure, believe shes now one of the few that's not done the invariably one way transatlantic..

John

Quote Originally Posted by Jerande View Post
    Hi, I have Solaris Sunrise Sport hull #003, the hulls are from 1993, commissioned 1995, originally called "Early Bird" then "Catatonic" and now "Panacea" she came with a complete paperwork history even including the original sales brochure, believe shes now one of the few that's not done the invariably one way transatlantic..

John
    Thank you for the reply John,

A couple of questions if I may. Is the hull number somehow determined from the HIN#? If so can you tell me how? Do you have any info as to how many sport models were made/exist and contact info for any other current/past owners? Would it be possible to get a pdf or pics of the paperwork/brochures you have? Thank you again for your time.

~Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Thank you for the reply John,

A couple of questions if I may. Is the hull number somehow determined from the HIN#? If so can you tell me how? Do you have any info as to how many sport models were made/exist and contact info for any other current/past owners? Would it be possible to get a pdf or pics of the paperwork/brochures you have? Thank you again for your time.

~Jake
    Hi Jake, quoted on my builders certificate is SRS3 (SunRise Sport #3) as part of the HIN then...RS3 I believe denotes the 3rd hulls laid.

PDF's attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Jerande View Post
    Hi Jake, quoted on my builders certificate is SRS3 (SunRise Sport #3) as part of the HIN then...RS3 I believe denotes the 3rd hulls laid.

PDF's attached
    Hello again John and thank you so much for the info and the PDF’s. That is exactly what I was in search of. So it appears then, that we have hull #4 as our HIN is RS4 with the last two digits 93, which I am guessing refers to the year of manufacture since ours is a 1993. I have attached a few pics of her at the dock before we purchased. She is now in a complete and total rebuild. I would love to hear from you, or others, of upgrades/changes you have made, or are making, to give my wife and I some ideas as we work on ours. Take care, thanks again, and Safe Journeys!!

~Jake
    Attached Images Attached Images

John,

I have another question i just just thought of, we are about to pull the rig and replace the standing rigging, we-wire the mast and install new instruments, radar, and lighting. I am curious if your mast has in internal roller furling system? I don’t see it listed as an option on the PDFs you sent and it appears as though our rig is original and that the in mast furling has never been used. Trying to decide whether to remove it completely or to inspect and repair as needed for use? The main sail that was on the boat when we purchased is a traditional full batten that attaches to mast via sail slides/cars. Thus we would have to have a furling sail made as well. Thanks again!

Safe Journeys!!
    ~Jake

Jake, this might help you out, it's a previous ad for my boat.

https://hamble.boatshed.com/solaris_...oat-60211.html

Let me know how the rebuild goes and if you need any reference then please just let me know.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567