Thread: For Sale: 1996 Privilege 37 Catamaran

Hybrid View

Default For Sale: 1996 Privilege 37 Catamaran

Privilege is famous for building cats of the highest quality. When a high quality Privilege is enhanced with numerous innovative improvements to vessel and machinery, the result is a quintessential, seaworthy cruiser named Cat Tales. If you are looking for a “best in class”,well equipped, blue water vessel you need to take a look at this cat. The 37ft Privilege has accommodations equal to most 40 footers with three queen sized berths and two heads with showers and 6ft 4in headroom. Galley has great counterspace, a large upright frig/freezer, a two burner propane stove with oven, and plenty of storage. The owner’s cabin forward is luxuriously large (queen size) with large opening hatch for great ventilation. Hatch is also a convenient exit to the foredeck to check the anchor or proximity to other boats. There are two queen sized berths at aft end of each hull with large overhead hatches and side opening ports for ventilation. Each stateroom has a good sized storage locker. The port hull stateroom has been modified with a small desk with seat, a printer shelf, a 75quart DC powered chest freezer and a single berth to make an “owner’s version” functional layout. If a queen berth is preferred, the configuration can be easily changed back to original. We’ve had family guests onboard for two weeks at a time and 4 adults plus 2 nine year old boys lived and played comfortably onboard in the Bahamas.

Innovative improvements to Cat Tales include: (1) custom aluminum arch to integrate dinghy davits with mountings for radar, wind generator, solar panel, and 3 antennas (TV,AIS, & SSB) (2) Custom aluminum bimini frame which supports large solar array, fishing rod rack, and tracks for dodger and sun awnings (3) Custom 8-10 gph DC water maker with small foot print inside a locker (4) Custom stainless steel exhaust elbows on both engines for cooler running and easier maintenance (5) Three-blade Flex-O-Fold folding props allows greater speed under sail and good motoring speed on one engine (6) Engine raw water cooling re-routed from sail drive so marine growth never blocks cooling water (7) Escape hatches have been remanufactured to be more seaworthy than original Lewmar hatches (8) Custom mainsail cover reinforced in all wear areas with integrated lazy jacks (9) New radial cut genoa modified with a pendant to roller furler to improve forward visibility (10) “StrongTrack” added to mast with new mainsail to reduce friction when raising main. (11) Original helm seat replaced with custom two person seat with very comfortable cushions (12) Saloon table length reduced by 1ft to ease entry/exit to rear seats, still seats 6 comfortably (13) Refrig/freezer modified to add 4 to 6” of additional insulation and customelectronic thermostat to save battery power.

CatTales is in excellent condition. We have owned her for 14 years and were meticulous about maintaining her and recording all maintenance performed. The hulls have recently been compounded and waxed, there is fresh varnish on interior and exterior wood, and the varnished teak cockpit table looks like new. Engines and saildrives have been lubricated with Amsoil synthetic oil for the last 10 years and numerous oil samples show the engines are in great shape. Both running and standing rigging are in excellent condition and mainsail and genoa were replaced with new Mack sails in 2016. If you are looking for a proven cruising catamaran offering safety, speed, luxury and comfort at a great price please come see this awesome couple’s/family cruiser.

Cat Tales is located in Apollo Beach Florida (Tampa Bay). Price: $164,500. Please private message me if you are interested. I have lots of pictures and a walk-thru video.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: For Sale: 1996 Privilege 37 Catamaran

Someone is going to get a great boat at a nice price. Although I owned a Privilege 435, I always had this nagging doubt that I'd bought more boat than I needed and the 37 would have been perfect for the two of us. Good luck with the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannius View Post
    Someone is going to get a great boat at a nice price. Although I owned a Privilege 435, I always had this nagging doubt that I'd bought more boat than I needed and the 37 would have been perfect for the two of us. Good luck with the sale.
    Jeannius, thank you for the nice endorsement. I have followed you posts for years and learned a great deal from your experiences. Enjoy your retirement. Greg

I'm happy to report that Cat Tales has been sold to someone who will take very good care of her.

Dam, missed it. I'm looking for a very good 37 or 395 if anyone has one for sale.