Thread: First look at Junk Rigged Pacific Proa Make O'Break sailing rough, fast and safe!!!

Hybrid View

Default First look at Junk Rigged Pacific Proa Make O'Break sailing rough, fast and safe!!!

What a blast, success has a very sweet taste but only once 7 hard years of failure, blood sweat and tears lead up to it.......

THE VIDEO below shows a flawless boat working hard and well, 3 proa builds with many rigging concepts finally lead to this.

A long road comes to an end Balkan Shipyards.

https://youtu.be/F7TjCkXuoLg

Default Re: First look at Junk Rigged Pacific Proa Make O'Break sailing rough, fast and safe!!!

WELL DONE!

Impressive.

I'm amused that it has provoked you to post the same video 5 times. You must be over excited.

Having followed your exploits and efforts for a long time, it is so good to see such a successful outcome. What happens next? How are you planning to enjoy it?

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Default Re: First look at Junk Rigged Pacific Proa Make O'Break sailing rough, fast and safe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmmbruce View Post
    WELL DONE!

Impressive.

I'm amused that it has provoked you to post the same video 5 times. You must be over excited.

Having followed your exploits and efforts for a long time, it is so good to see such a successful outcome. What happens next? How are you planning to enjoy it?

Mike
    Always good to hear from u Mike!!!! This boat although slapped together only as a prototype to test the LaShunk, has turned out to be a good boat that is more then happy to go cruising. So, fiberglass the bottom, cos it's only painted, put on a nicer deck then those shabby planks..... Then October go cruising in Greece for a few weeks........ Finally I have a boat I can trust! It's gonna get used!! Next year, start re rigging Crystal Clear, lifting rudders the works.......
    Take care man.
    Rael.

Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.