Thread: Prout 37 Elite vs Solaris SunRISE 36

Default Prout 37 Elite vs Solaris SunRISE 36

(SWMO has posted this elsewhere but I wondered if we might get more info from you multi-hullers here. So apologies if you've come across the thread before.)

Wondered if anyone out there has experience of the sailing performance of these 2 boats/models ? I should say that we are not looking for out-and-out performance - we recognise that both will be fairly pedestrian by comparison with our last monohull. Although this is a move forced by a recognition of our declining years and requirement for sailing on the level, lighter gear and a wish for a deck saloon and additional living space, we would still like to sail.

We have several of these specific models in mind so please note that we are specifically looking at the Solaris SunRISE 36 and not the Solaris Sunstream (which I understand has better performance - but is not available or possibly within budget) and the Prout Snowgoose ELITE (which is reported to sail less well than the 37 but, for us, has some other benefits).

Is one a better sailor than the other - up wind, reaching, down wind ? What sort of passage planning figure would you use for either boat ? How close-winded (or not !) are they ?

TIA. Any info or thoughts most welcome !

Default Re: Prout 37 Elite vs Solaris SunRISE 36

It looks as though no one has the information. Your question is certainly interesting. When you have researched it further it would be good to know your conclusions.

Cheers

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmbruce View Post
    It looks as though no one has the information. Your question is certainly interesting. When you have researched it further it would be good to know your conclusions.

Cheers

Mike
    Hi,

Not going to get very far with either until the end of lockdown Am hoping to buy a boat to enjoy (part of) this season so I should be able to report back on at least one of them.

Cheers,

Colin

For what it is worth, I have a friend who had a Solaris, with which he was delighted. I have lost contact with him now but I am fairly sure he would have asked himself the same questions. But I don't know whether his final choice was based on price, performance etc, or what was available. So not much help I'm afraid.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.