Thread: Mr B is back,

Default Mr B is back,

Well after nearly 10 years my Gemini Sailing Catamaran is back in the water and going great,
    Its got two new beefed up Hulls in it and all new Plumbing, Electrics, Solar Panels, Batterys, , 8 inch Onwa and 8 inch Lowrance, GPS's Etc Etc Etc,
    It has been sea Trialed in Bass Strait thru about 10 Gales with well over predicted 40 knots of wind,
    5 Gales in a month, The girl is not amused, Hahaha,
    This is one hell of a capable boat, It was well worth the rebuilding of her to my standards,
    We have been living on her for 5 months on our way to the Kimberlys,

Coming thru Bass Strait, we got hit with a Gale just after Leaving Lakes Entrance which ended up with 70 knot winds,As we couldnt get into Mallacoota,
    We were directed into a anchorage on the east side of Gabo Island where we anchored for four days till it blew over,

We were sailing in 6 metre waves when a huge following wave came over the back of the boat and went right over the boat, Causing quite a bit of damage, It took out the Solar Panels, VHF microphone, Batterys, Ripped the zips out of the cockpit enclosure and a few other things, but most have now been fully repaired or replaced,

We are currently Moored in Port Stephens at the Soldiers Point Marina for a month as Ive near ripped both my arms off at the shoulders and can no longer use my arms After I slipped on Green Slimy Moss on the Bundeena Public Ferry Wharfe as I was looking for a place to moor my boat and checking the water depth on the far side, And got carted off to the Sutherland shire hospital in an ambulance, Spending the night there in the emergency Dept.

I got a sailor to sail my boat up to Port Stephens as I couldnt do it myself,

As I wont be able to use my arms for about 12 months,
    My Gemini is now up for sale as I cant drive or sail it,
    I cant even do anything for myself, Totally incapacitated,

Such a shame as I was very excited about getting my Boat up to the Great Barrier Reef and the Kimberlys and circumnavigating OZ,

Cheers, Brian,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Mr B is back,

12 months goes by pretty quick. If it doesn't sell you can bring it back, maybe to Lakes/Paynesville.

Quote Originally Posted by RodZone View Post
    12 months goes by pretty quick. If it doesn't sell you can bring it back, maybe to Lakes/Paynesville.
    I will get it sent to Yaringa, Westernport Bay, Its close to where I live, And there is another Gemini 105MC there as well,
    I will Possibly get a sailor to sail it or drive it back,
    Its a lot cheaper than putting it on a truck with all the costs of demasting it, Etc Etc,

Medical help for my Injurys are more important at the moment,
    All the details are on net rider about what is happening to me,

Cheers, Brian,

Hi Brian... Sorry to hear bout your injury. A friend of mine ripped off all the ligaments/tendons on one shoulder when slipping on the blood from a Tuna he had just caught and nearly going off the back of his boat. He was in Ecuador at the time and flew back to the U.S., had surgery and was back on the boat heading for the Galapagos a few weeks later. He wasn't able to participate much in the sailing of the boat in that time but he did fully recover in a couple of months and completed his circumnavigation. Don't give up yet, see the right surgeons and I'm sure you'll be sailing again in a few months.

All the best... Mike
    Last edited by Jeannius; 20th June 2021 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannius View Post
    Hi Brian... Sorry to hear bout your injury. A friend of mine ripped off all the ligaments/tendons on one shoulder when slipping on the blood from a Tuna he had just caught and nearly going off the back of his boat. He was in Ecuador at the time and flew back to the U.S., had surgery and was back on the boat heading for the Galapagos a few weeks later. He wasn't able to participate much in the sailing of the boat in that time but he did fully recover in a couple of months and completed his circumnavigation. Don't give up yet, see the right surgeons and I'm sure you'll be sailing again in a few months.

All the best... Mike
    Thats what has happened to me, Mike,

But where I am currently, There are no real hospitals ortreatments,
    It looks like I will have to go home to Melbourne, Vic, to get proper treatment,
    Im playing it by ear at the moment,

Cheers Brian,

All the best from everyone watching!

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.