Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water filtration request

Default Re: Water filtration request

Quote Originally Posted by lhsmith View Post
    Phillip:

My friend said "I would not consider a device unless there was at least testing available from a recognized lab. If they listed a lab, you would be able to google and find information about their certification credentials."

No evidence of testing is mentioned on the website. Without certifications tests this device cannot be sold legally in California. I've attached a table showing sizes of common waterborn bacteria. (I donít know the reference from which this is taken.) As you can see from the table, many pathogenic bacteria are smaller than the filter size of this unit. Without test data to show otherwise, it would be reasonable to presume that the device does not function as advertised. Unfortunately this appears to be one of many devices on the market today that make such unsubstantiated claims.

the site is not a maker but a holesale sales.
    the filter is used mostly in uk as part of a rainwater harvest system.
    there is also some use of this for hand held no power water purifing for 3rd world use.
    as i have said befor we only use 5 micron and carbon.

dont forget if you use your tank to flush your water maker then you need to remove the clorine hence the carbon filter.
    water maker water has of corse been filterd the same +ro
    you could always ro your water you take onboard
    i have also seen super yachts use a portable water softner.

its all a bit to ott for me though.
    majika

hi guys know this an old thread but have a look at general ecology,they do units for domestic,boats,rvs& even hand held ones , they are sub micron non chemical purifiers removes just about everthing maybe handy for futher refference regards steve

Quote Originally Posted by stholdbrook View Post
    hi guys know this an old thread but have a look at general ecology,they do units for domestic,boats,rvs& even hand held ones , they are sub micron non chemical purifiers removes just about everthing maybe handy for futher refference regards steve
    Do you have a web site for them?

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Red face Re: Water filtration request

of coarse www.generalecologyeurope.com i thought i posted it i must have sent personal e-mail to yourself mike i wont go through all that stuff again everyone can read it on their website nice very compact unit can fill your tanks anywhere i think the only thing it does not do is desalinate again sorry

having read the other comments this is federal certified it is made in the USA and i am surprised you have not heard of it 1 gallon per minuete virus bacteria no need to clean tanks ETC you know somtimes i dont like the americans but when they do somthing they are the billy bollocks imho

Wink Re: Water filtration request

just as a byeline sunseeker use them execlusivly as well as lockheed who make the galley units for british airways ,air france ,and most boeing unless otherwise spect

any joy mike

a reply woud be ok good or bad ta

Quote Originally Posted by stholdbrook View Post
    a reply woud be ok good or bad ta

Sorry. - I have been away - Sailing!

Thanks, yes I looked at the site you said and realised it is a filter system that is very like one that I used to use (also USA). I gave up on it as it seemed to be more work than it was worth. I used similar things in Africa, with good reason.

At least I now know of a recommended current supplier. Thanks.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12