Thread: Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Default Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Any opinions on these boats? I've been planning on taking a 14 month sea-battical starting in 2012 going to the Mediterranean then back to the Caribbean. I'd have a minimum of 6 and most likely 8 to 10 people on board at all times. The price per foot seems way better then any other boat of that size. I'm going to Tortola and St. Maarten in a month to look at them both.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...ten-St.-Martin

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...ten-St.-Martin

Thanks, David.

Default Re: Fountaine Pajot Marquises

I'd surely appreciate anyones critique of the design of the Marquises. I realize its a big boat and many haven't been on one but was hoping there would be some wisdom I could gain before meeting with the brokers.

They are really spacious boats, and blue water. They do show stress fairly easily and one should check for any areas of delamination on the hulls and bridgedeck. This is not to say that there is a common problem here.

Thank you, I appreciate your input. I see you manufacture custom bimini's. How much would you guess a hard top in the shape of a T cost. I believe I've attached a picture of what I'm thinking of.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Palarran; 7th January 2010 at 01:24 AM. Reason: sentence structure

Quote Originally Posted by Rigamarole View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate your input. I see you manufacture custom bimini's. How much would you guess a hard top in the shape of a T cost. I believe I've attached a picture of what I'm thinking of.
    For a top similar to the picture, and depending on how differant features, it will most likely run between $15-$20k

Reguarding the Marquises 53 & 56 model. Does someone still have an owners manual? I'm looking at the specs for rigging: I, P, E & J values for ordering mainsail, jib, spinnaker! Thanks.