Thread: SIMPSONS

On the boat, right now Costa Rica, Golfito

Default SIMPSONS

HELLO everybody,

Most know me already, but here goes. Imagine is cold molded, 4mm x 3 layers of mahogany, 46ft x 23ft 4in, she was built in Berlin by the Schmidt yard in coordination with the previous owner Volkhardt Schmidt. Launched in 98, and I purchased her in 9/02 in St. Maarten. I will never go back to a mono unless forced into bankruptcy, or decide to sail the Southern Ocean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

arjunior45 Guest

Love your cat, mostly for it's really wooden!
    I'd like to build one {wooden - not composite} in the future and I'll always have this one in mind.

Congrats

Nick

Thanks for the compliment. We have sailed about 10k miles on Imagine. When ever at anchor almost all cats either slow down, or adjust their course to take a look. Once in Georgetown Bahamas we were coming in from the south. Passing a large, and I do mean large maybe 200ft. yacht. The owner sitting on the back deck with a cocktail gave me a thumbs up. That was pretty cool!

arjunior45 Guest

I believe you. A wooden boat {mono or multi hull} is something that always makes me turn my head and I just ...love them.
    There is a man that I know and trust who still build wooden boats only and I'm going to visit him as soon as possible.

Nick

Default Re: SIMPSONS

its good to see simpsons are still being made. i have a 15m, built in holland in 1989 at du bois yard in groningen. she`s built with red cedar strip planking and sports a cutter rig, for a german owner. i bought Atlantis 3 years ago. she moves well for a lady in her late teens.
    graham

A lot of similarities. I see you have dagger boards. Where Imagine has fixed keels. I would love to see the interior....i2f

atlantis is the first performance catamaran i`ve owned. understanding how twin hydraulic steering works has kept speeds down. looking forward to fast crossing, plymouth to brest, this year and on towards the black sea.

Quote Originally Posted by gcgaboard View Post
    its good to see simpsons are still being made. i have a 15m, built in holland in 1989 at du bois yard in groningen. she`s built with red cedar strip planking and sports a cutter rig, for a german owner. i bought Atlantis 3 years ago. she moves well for a lady in her late teens.
    graham
    Hi Graham, nice to see you too on this forum.

Regards from Cape Town (where it's warmer than in Millbrook!)
    Roger

Thanks for the pics. I can still see the simlarities on the interior. She looks comfy......i2f

Quote Originally Posted by gcgaboard View Post
    graham
    Simpson cats are still being built on a semi-production basis not far from where I live. They can be bought at pretty much any stage of construction: http://www.catamaransaustralia.com/

WOWWWWWW...

Now that kind of sailing gets my nheart pumping just sitting in my office....YEAH!.........i2f

Thanks, Graham, fabulous shots - I WANT one of those three-legged things to play with!!!
    Roger

------------------
    I look to the future, because that's where I am going to spend the rest of my life - George Burns

id like two of their crew!
    failing that, a well aimed kick up the ass.

Hi Graham,
    Great pics from Port Launay last year but you could have included a pic of my Beneteau Blue 2 just behind you,see you soon.
    George

welcome to multihulls4us george,

i did have a photo of you motoring off into the fog last year but ive misplaced it. here is a photo of you & yours-you can just make out the mast in the mist behind the sinking blue boat.

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/onblac...ite&size=Large

has udo returned from munich?
    whats happened to the daily supply of funny emails?
    plans are afoot to return to PL, waiting on delivery of new fridge. lots of boat bits are cheaper in britain thanks to devalued .
    weather is set to improve next wednesday and i might have[fingers crossed] crew for once.
    Last edited by gcgaboard; 16th May 2009 at 01:05 AM. Reason: picture didnt display

Hi Graham,
    Udo is back from Munich and I agree the UK is now much cheaper for marine goods,at long last I have bit the bullet and got myself a Tacktic system and an AIS receiver from the UK last week.
    For some reason I have not got you in my e/m address book since I changed my e/m address so send me an e/m to my yahoo one,I know you have got it,then the daily jokes can continue.
    Safe sailing, george