Thread: its about time .......

Default its about time .......

We heard something from the lucky , new owner of a Sunstar ... Ian ?
    whats the news ? is she ready for some serious sailing ? how was the delivery sail ? any pictures ? answers on a laptop ,please to .......
    I didn,t get where I am today by being somewhere else !

Default Re: its about time .......

Yes I agree, it's eerily quiet on that front - I presume Ian is so hard at work at containing Murphy (of "Murph's Law") to some poor other fellow's boat that he has forgotten about his fan base here!
    Roger

------------------
    I look to the future, because that's where I am going to spend the rest of my life - George Burns

Alright, I have only had the chance to go down twice, the first weekend at Easter when I handed over the cash and this weekend, went down yesterday, got back a couple of hours ago, very tired, in pain, cuts, bruises etc, glad she isn't any bigger, because bending over, upside down and moving around loads of crap and work benches left beside and around her.

So far I have pressure washed the whole boat, used a commercial rubbing compound to take off 4 years of oxidisation, dirt and grease, then polished the hulls.

Today I antifouled her.

I have cleaned the interior (which still needs quite a bit of finishing, ie linings, trims etc), but took off the boat loads of sheets of plywood (so heavy), rolls of fibre glass (6ft long rolls), sheets of foam core (which I will use to make alterations).

The previous owner I think was not interested in performance:, so I will be removing a lot of work he has done in heavy plywood and the doors which weigh a ton (6 in total) apart from 1 they are now off the boat.

He has a little lock up on the site with boat gear in which now belongs to me , I brought home with me to sell on Ebay, two helmsmans seats (1 brand new) 3 Horseshoe Life belts, stainless steel davits, bow roller and this is for starters, there are about 16 storage boxes of stuff, some crap some unopened brand new gear .

I have arranged for a company to wrap the saloon windows and the widows on the hull in navy blue vinyl as per all the other Sunstars.

My biggest problem is trying to find a company to make me a new saloon entrance door

Some pics showing her clean, antifouled (first coat hence the masking tape still on), showing work area and how cluttered and helm station, under the ss plate is the Raymarine C80.

More available.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ian,
    It's the start of a NEVER-ENDING love / hate affair!
    Keep going!
    Roger

------------------
    I look to the future, because that's where I am going to spend the rest of my life - George Burns

Looking good, Ian.

It's all down hill from here.......................

........................... for your bank account!

John
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves"!

'Estrella del Sur' is currently on the hard in Fort Pierce, Florida for hurricane season.

Once again, Ian, she looks terrific. And no worries about the interior refit - its something you can take your time at while enjoying her.

Cheers!

Brad