Thread: Tulliana up for sale!!

Default Tulliana up for sale!!

2008 Leopard 46

Yep I'm afraid to say but Tulliana has just been put on the market. I've not been around these boards for the last few months as the recession seems to be well and truly over in manufacturing (for the time being and until the next one) and since the new year everything has gone mad. To be honest for the last 8 months I have found it more and more difficult to get away and spend quality time on board. Kate and I have discussed the situation for hours on end trying to come up with a solution and even considered bringing her back to the UK . But we finally decided that it would be such a shame to see her sat in a marina for months on end not being enjoyed.

She is currently in Croatia which has been great since we arrived here back in March. Its the European version of the BVI with nearly 1200 islands just off the coast with some really nice anchorages. Tulliana is currently in a good boat yard over there having the remaining warranty repairs carried out, new anti-foul, anodes plus numerous further improvements added to her already extensive list of modifications. To be honest when she comes back out of the yard she will be a huge improvement on what I collected from Cape Town 20 months ago and I take great pride in how she has turned out.

She has been listed with the Moorings brokerage and can be seen on Yachtworld if anyone is interested.

A very sad day!!

Default Re: Tulliana up for sale!!

We are really sorry to hear that Andy.
    Life can get in the way.
    You should also place an advert in our classified.

I hear Croatia is a great cruising ground that puts BVI to shame, so its in a great location for the new owner.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Andy

So sorry to hear that Tulliana is for sale, can't you just sell the business and retire (my dream) and go and play all day

Good luck with a quick sale.

Hi Andy !

Sorry to read you have to sell Tuliana !

Hope it's the right decision and agree, list this in the Multihulls on the market threads...

Good luck and hopefully a quick and satisfying sale (the latter will not be true I'm afraid) !
    Djeeke
    1987 Jaguar 27 - Nothing else matters
    1979 Catalac 8M - 8-84 - Galu'Lati Go

Quote Originally Posted by ireaney View Post
    Andy
    , can't you just sell the business and retire (my dream) and go and play all day
    I wish .

The thing that's bugging me the most though is that only last month I completed my "To do" list for first time since owning her. To able to sit there with my feet up not thinking about repairing this or fixing that was great.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Andy
    When you have sold her and start to get withdrawl systems next summer, give me a ring and you can come sailing on a proper cat

I'm so sorry to hear that you must sell. Funny how work expands to take up all available time and energy! Hope you will soon be able to scale back the work and scale up the sailing!

It sounds like someone is going to get an awesome yacht.

Hi Andy

I am really sorry to hear that you are selling Tulliana. I hope that one day you will still be able to achieve your dream that you had when you bought her.

I was just out on my Leopard 46 this weekend and had a great time! We were sailing 9.5 knots fully loaded. The boat really preforms well and the layout is second to none. I'm really starting to love mine finally.

Okinawacat

BORKED 8.5 knots the day before.

Andy, sorry to hear that Tulliana is for sale! Knowing the background of her and yourself, whoever the new owner will be, will be a luck person with a good, solid pair of hulls and a fine sailing boat.
    John
    The Ex-Delivery Guy
    Now retired on land after sailing over 400,000 nautical miles.

Quote Originally Posted by OkinawaCat View Post
    I was just out on my Leopard 46 this weekend and had a great time! We were sailing 9.5 knots fully loaded. The boat really preforms well and the layout is second to none. I'm really starting to love mine finally.

Okinawacat
    Hey, that's pretty funny! I believe that you started a thread some time ago titled "My Cat's Better Than Yours!"

When did you stop loving your cat?

Fair Winds,
    Mike

PS - The internet is forever!

Ya, was taking the piss then. Just had a reality check and had a lot of things to fix and upgrade, took two months so now it hit the water just last week and was finally able to get it out the first time this summer! YeeeHaaa! Let the parties begin.

Okinawacat

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Andy, sorry to hear that Tulliana is for sale! Knowing the background of her and yourself, whoever the new owner will be, will be a luck person with a good, solid pair of hulls and a fine sailing boat.
    John
    Thanks John.
    I see you finally got back safely to Cape Town on your last mini-trip. Anything planned for the near future?
    You never know, whoever buys Tulliana might want her delivered somewhere? At least I know who to recommend.
    Cheers
    Andy

I have just seen Tulliana 3 berths away from Catarina in Cape Town. She must have arrived in the last few days. Does her new owner live in Cape Town?

Yes, the owner lives in Cape town.
    He will participate in the upcoming Cape town - Rio race
    Please pm me