Thread: Battery / charger opinion wanted.

Default Battery / charger opinion wanted.

I posted the below on the PDQ site but no answers, yet.

"I currently have 3 Walmart group 29 "deep cycle" batteries on the house bank, one Walmart group 29 "dual use battery" for starting, and a Trucharge 20+ charger along with 400watts of solar and a Air x windgen.

My batteries are pretty much shot after about 2.5 years and it's time to upgrade.

I was considering putting 4 T105's in the battery wells with the outboards and putting the Walmart starting battery under the cockpit step. I was also hoping to upgrade the charger to either a Trucharge 60 or the Iota 55 to be run from shore or Honda 2k.

Anyone have experience with these chargers or any recomendations for the chargers or batteries?

Thanks

Tom"

TYRNTLZRDKING Guest

Default Re: Battery / charger opinion wanted.

Tom,

I dont have the answers, and am hoping for helpful information on battery chargers as well.

I was planning on not adding an expensive battery charger option (Xantrex Statpower 20) to my new boat, and relying on the solar panels to keep them topped off.
    Not sure if this is wise or not?

Default Battery / charger opinion wanted

Interstate battery from Costco is faring well. I got over 4 years with OEM. Interstate has a retail outlet not far from house I have used in past for other Subaru.