Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Babiba Refit

Default Re: Babiba Refit

OMG..... Ian, what have you done to that lovely vessel?

Just Kidding, I'm sure it will turn out right. The cockpit flooring you did was spectacular!

I thought the PO did all the wiring upgrades with that beautiful circuit breaker panel? Guess not, or are you just doing some "better" upgrades?

Keep stroke-in, I'm sure you can get it to the state you want before you turn 110! Sorry, I forgot, that is next month isn't it?:

John
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves"!

Quote Originally Posted by jkd View Post
    I thought the PO did all the wiring upgrades with that beautiful circuit breaker panel? Guess not, or are you just doing some "better" upgrades?John
    Yes he did and a pretty good job, but the only thing he hadn't finished was the lighting circuit and as I was upgrading all the strip lights to LED lights, I decided to do re do it.

Ian,

I just looked at the pictures in 1 and 2.

Amazing what you have done.!

Ian, I want to thank you for restraining yourself and not taking me to task for the verbal slip on the "flooring" thing (as opposed to 'decking') in my previous post. Please feel free to visit the local doctor and forward me the bill for the hernia that it caused you. Apologize to the wife, on my behalf as well, for taking you out of action for the time being.

John

John
    Sorry mate but I didn't see any reason to berate you on your terminology, I call it flooring as well, I don't like being too anal on nautical terms, i.e. I park my boat NOT moor it, I have a front and a back but sometimes a bow and stern, it depends on who I am talking to and who is on board, as sometimes if you have non nautical people aboard it is better that they undersatnd clear instructions and not to confuse them, i.e. bend them in slowly .
    But thinking about it, you should have known better , maybe not, I forgot you are a Yank that has a hood on the front of his car and NOT a bonnet, your wear pants over your underwear and your fanny is your bum and NOT your ...................

Ian, I want to thank you for restraining yourself and not taking me to task for the verbal slip on the "flooring" thing (as opposed to 'decking') in my previous post. Please feel free to visit the local doctor and forward me the bill for the hernia that it caused you. Apologize to the wife, on my behalf as well, for taking you out of action for the time being.

John

Quote Originally Posted by dmmbruce View Post
    I'm sure there should be a joke in there somewhere!

Mike
    There is - but it ain't for those with delicate sensibilities.

Mini-Desp, (aka o-mighty one) - well done you! Just taken me a shufty at your pics and heck, that's a big undertaking (hush - no sniggering at the back there). You're doing a grand job. Can you keep us updated with more pics as you go along? Would love to see.

In due course, we'll be picking your brains on what materials you've used and any advice you can offer, hope you won't mind (!) (The cosmetics inflicted by African Cats on Butterfly are an embarrassment in places and there is a big problem with one of the main materials they've used, so we're looking at a refit of our own.

What's the liner you're using?

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

Karen

Cunard.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Hi Karen
    Nice to hear from you, I hope that both you and Dick are well, keep looking at your blog, sounds like you are both enjoying yourselves.
    I am meeting with the guy tomorrow who is going to line the boat for me so I will get the name of the lining carpet.
    It feels like a soft thick hairy felt, it is rot proof, a great insulator and will stretch around corners, over bumps and into those little crevices, you know the lining of the ceiling in cars it is very similar to that but about 5/6 mm thick and comes in many colours, hopefully it will transform my little boat.
    I will update with pictures when he has done it, which I hope will be within 2 weeks.
    Only too happy to pass on any information and tech specs etc on all materials I will be using.
    Keep in touch.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    There is - but it ain't for those with delicate sensibilities.

Mini-Desp, (aka o-mighty one) - well done you! Just taken me a shufty at your pics and heck, that's a big undertaking (hush - no sniggering at the back there). You're doing a grand job. Can you keep us updated with more pics as you go along? Would love to see.

In due course, we'll be picking your brains on what materials you've used and any advice you can offer, hope you won't mind (!) (The cosmetics inflicted by African Cats on Butterfly are an embarrassment in places and there is a big problem with one of the main materials they've used, so we're looking at a refit of our own.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by IreAneY View Post
    I have a front and a back but sometimes a bow and stern, it depends on who I am talking to and who is on board,
    Ian

Buck up for goodness sake. You must know the correct terminology is pointy end and blunt end.

:
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Mark, Sorry, I thought I might sound like I knew what I was talking about and convince people that I wasn't a total waste of space, but alas you have shown me up yet again .

Today I have bought some new string for her so it will help control the white flappy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
    Ian

Buck up for goodness sake. You must know the correct terminology is pointy end and blunt end.

:

Actually just got back with a meeting with the guy who will be lining the boat, have to meet him there on Weds AM to sort out the finer points, can't wait to get this bit done

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
    Ian

:
    Talbot,
    I'm with you - though my dad always used to call it the "sharp end".

But I'm glad to see from post no. 30 that Ian is learning fast!!
    Roger

------------------
    I look to the future, because that's where I am going to spend the rest of my life - George Burns

Ian, I'm curious why you're getting someone to do the headlining for you as you seem to have done the worst part already in stripping the old stuff off. I had understood re-headlining was a pretty straightforward, albeit time-consuming, job?

He is not doing the headlining as this will need to be done in a different way which he has some ideas , he is doing all the inside hull sides, bulkheads, around the bunks, around the saloon and areas where they are not flat or straight.

He had a look at the boat today and has had some great ideas to make her look like new very professionally, stating that you will not see the joins, I can't wait.

He reckons it will need about 2 plus rolls of this stretchy material, but behind we will put a medium density type foam material to cover any irregularities so the whole boat will be very plush.

The felt type material is rot proof, water resistant, sound proofing and fire resistant so all in all good.

As soon as it is done I will post pictures.

It will cost a little more than I expected, but not a lot, and if it looks like I expect I will be more than delighted.

Ian,

If it is water proof/ resistant, I am assuming it won't stain if it gets wet?

Think it will hold any odors from cooking or such?

How about greasy finger prints etc.?

John

Answers in red my dear friend, same stuff they use in motor homes

Ian,

If it is water proof/ resistant, I am assuming it won't stain if it gets wet? Correct, plus my boat has no holes

Think it will hold any odors from cooking or such? No, plus it is not being used in the galley, and I don't cook

How about greasy finger prints etc.? It is coated with one of those stain resistant chemicals used on furniture PLUS nobody and I repeat nobody will be allowed on the boat unless they are spotlessley clean

John

[quote=IreAneY;34682]

PLUS nobody and I repeat nobody will be allowed on the boat unless they are spotlessley clean

Doesn't that rule you out too?

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

From your first pics I saw ripped out stuff and pics of cabin that had liner. I thought that was the finished product and thought it looked just fine.

Heh.

Ian, it sounds like you've found the perfect product for the job. Do you know what it's called or have any links to product info?

[quote=dmmbruce;34686]
    Quote Originally Posted by IreAneY View Post

PLUS nobody and I repeat nobody will be allowed on the boat unless they are spotlessley clean

Doesn't that rule you out too?

Mike
    Mike
    Very true, but it is my boat and you do what I say NOT what I do, hence my title 'Mini Despot'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast