Thread: Solaris Sunstream 40 'Layout C'

'Estrella del Sur' is currently on the hard in Fort Pierce, Florida for hurricane season.

Default Solaris Sunstream 40 'Layout C'

Having recently received a request by PM for the same, here is a layout diagram for my 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40 ( in particular 'Layout C'):Brad.pdf.

For some reason it scanned at 198 % and should be reduced to 100% for proper viewing. It is generally accurate, although it fails to show the counter and storage areas toward the inner part of the hulls in the staterooms, galley and head compartments.

Cheers!

Brad

Default Re: Solaris Sunstream 40 'Layout C'

Is that a hot tub?

Quote Originally Posted by AMX View Post
    Is that a hot tub?
    No, its just the Laundry Tub for washing his sails each week on such a nice boat!

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

'Estrella del Sur' is currently on the hard in Fort Pierce, Florida for hurricane season.

If my fiance gets her way it will be, although right now it is only a bath-tub. It would actually be pretty easy to install jets and a pump (the tub is molded FRP and there is open access to one complete side and about 6 inches around the interior perimiter to run hoses). Yes, as she points out, our 160 gal./day watermaker and propane on-demand water heater could accomodate it, but the power draw would be far too great for use under anchor. The question is whether the additional weight would be worth it for something that can only be used at a dock.

Brad

Actually Mike, I have used it for washing the sails (although hardly once weekly) and it is a great place for throwing wet towels down from the deck, and for soaking/rinsing stained or salty clothes, etc. There is a large opening hatch directly above and the sail storage locker is just forward.

Brad

Well!

And I thought I was being silly.

I shall obviously have to try harder.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Hey, my fiance initially thought the idea was silly as well, but its hard to find a good spot to wash sails either on your boat, or at most marinas. Since the entire compartment is frp (I replaced the vinyl overhead with frp panels) and since I have replaced the original cabinet doors with waterproof plastic hatches, it is perfect for washing sails with the spray hose (and for showers - apart for the exterior shower, we now use it exclusively and can keep moisture/humidity out of the heads). I can feed the sail from the sole to the tub for washing and then pull the cleaned sections out the overhead hatch to the deck in order to hoist and dry.

As to using it as a laundry tub - well, apart from soaking badly soiled/stained items, not a chance! I do have a small plastic, manual washer (Wonderwash) which actually works pretty well - but if I ever brought a scrubbing board on the boat, I would be a dead man!

Brad