Thread: Where's the Nordic Cat ****???

Unhappy Where's the Nordic Cat ****???

I keep looking here everyday for more pics of the beautiful Nordic Cat....
    But I see none.
    Heck, at least enter some of the pictures you already have in your files.

Please!!!

Default Re: Where's the Nordic Cat ****???

Quote Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
    But I see none.

Please!!!
    I will as soon as I can get a decent connection.... travelling at the moment and working on some text..

Alan

TYRNTLZRDKING Guest

Quote Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
    But I see none.
    Please!!!
    Looking_Fwd_To_Port_Near_.jpg

Nice!
    Thanks Jeff the Capitalist!
    Nordic... That is one HOT boat!
    I want one! But, the wife is in control of the purse strings (it's her money) and I don't think she wants a boat at all (except for one to charter every now and again).
    I need to start a different thread to explore how I can get her to loosen up and get me my dream boat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tyrntlzrdking View Post
    Beautiful drawing. Where's the anchoring gear? That's a pretty big cockpit forward. You'd need some really big drains, I'd think. I can see why you want it big to give you good access to the masts.
    Currently concentrating on http://earthnurture.com .

I've just posted some updated renders and pictures on another thread here.

Alan

Schionning.....

They have a new 18,5m, with bi-rig and probably a steeringpositon in the front of the roof....

Quote Originally Posted by Freetime View Post
    Schionning.....

They have a new 18,5m, with bi-rig and probably a steeringpositon in the front of the roof....
    And reverse bows, I see. Not so good for anchoring, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    And reverse bows, I see. Not so good for anchoring, methinks.
    http://www.schionningdesigns.com.au/www/welcome.cfm

But why not, reverse bows is common on 18-20f.... It looks good IMO.

I don't like the flybridge, and the steering position in the aft cockpit is midships, so you look through the saloon.

Seems like too much rocker aft and tiny rudders, but that could just be the viewing angle.

Looks good otherwise,

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Freetime View Post
    Schionning.....

I like it. The forward "workpit" is a reliable indication of a truly advanced design. Are those air scoops on the sides of the hull to feed the afterburners?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
    I don't like the flybridge, and the steering position in the aft cockpit is midships, so you look through the saloon.
    Alan,

To me the "steering position in the aft cockpit" is made up of bar stools and a decent sized outside bar!?

Overall this is IMOH an innovative design look, will be interesting to see if the interior layout has any surprises.
    Roger

------------------
    I look to the future, because that's where I am going to spend the rest of my life - George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by mikereed100 View Post
    I like it. The forward "workpit" is a reliable indication of a truly advanced design. Are those air scoops on the sides of the hull to feed the afterburners?

Mike
    Mike, the scoops are air brakes you deploy when you need to slow down. The "workpit" is only OK if the crew can then retire to their quarters without going through the saloon and disturbing the owners and their guests NO, truly advanced and classy designs have a full blown cockpit where the sundowners are served (weather permitting)

Alan

Seems like too much rocker aft and tiny rudders, but that could just be the viewing angle.

Looks good otherwise,

Alan
    The helm position is amidships, and you have a cover over the helmsman - They have a rather shallow looking set of stairs to get to the helm position. If you select the frame, select the image and zoom in, you can see this. The bar is just aft of the helm position, and you have no view at all if you sit at the bar and look at the bar keeper - just a bulkhead, which wouldn't appeal to me. The cockpit area is convenient to access the rear steps, but the engine rooms must be very cramped. I guess you are meant to lie on the shallow cockpit thingie forward of the helm, but watch your head in a jibe (gybe.) The rudders do look very small. As sculpture, it's beautiful, but as a working boat I see some 'issues.'

As to the rocker, you may find that the waterline is lower than you guess. Schionning places the knuckle forward above the DWL sometimes.
    Last edited by BigCat; 17th August 2009 at 11:53 PM.

NO, truly advanced and classy designs have a full blown cockpit where the sundowners are served (weather permitting)
    Alan, I concede the advantage of a true, sundowner-enabled cockpit, but would stipulate that each sundowner sport a little umbrella to keep the sun off the ice.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    The helm position is amidships, and you have a cover over the helmsman - They have a rather shallow looking set of stairs to get to the helm position. If you select the frame, select the image and zoom in, you can see this. The bar is just aft of the helm position, and you have no view at all if you sit at the bar and look at the bar keeper - just a bulkhead, which wouldn't appeal to me. The cockpit area is convenient to access the rear steps, but the engine rooms must be very cramped. I guess you are meant to lie on the shallow cockpit thingie forward of the helm, but watch your head in a jibe (gybe.) The rudders do look very small. As sculpture, it's beautiful, but as a working boat I see some 'issues.'

As to the rocker, you may find that the waterline is lower than you guess. Schionning places the knuckle forward above the DWL sometimes.
    I wonder if this is a crewed charter design. As you point out the steps to the helm position are very steep, but there is a nice stairway to port that leads up to the elevated cockpit, presumably bypassing the helm station.

Mike