Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suliere - The Crossing DVD Now Available

Default Suliere - The Crossing DVD Now Available

At long last our first commercial DVD, Suliere The Crossing is ready for sale and can be ordered now from www.sailingvideos4us.com

www.sailingvideos4us.com also features a range of free to watch sailing videos.

This 76 minute DVD covers our maiden voyage from St Francis in South Africa, round the Cape of Good Hope to Cape Town and then up to Grenada in the Caribbean. Sample clips may be viewed before purchase.

You may read what others have written about the video here

The DVD is available in both PAL and NTSC formats and is also multi-region so it is suitable for viewing anywhere. If you are not sure which format your country uses there is a country list on the web site.

Including postage and packing the world wide export price is only $19.99 USA. Orders are dispatched every weekday and sent by air mail postal service.

The UK price including VAT is 12.95,

We accept all the major credit and debit cards.

To order please just go to the new videos site by clicking here
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Default Re: Suliere - The Crossing DVD Now Available

Good, well done, thank-you, ordered.

However, I have tried every way I can to play one of the Free to View videos on the site and it won't load and play.
    Yes, I have turned on 'allowing pop-ups'. I am using Win7 and IE9. Generally very good, but not this time. Any ideas please?

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

There is an issue with IE 9 that messes up flash presentations.
    There is nothing we can do about it other than suggest you download a free alternative browser - until Microsoft sort the mess, sorry but there is little we can do.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    There is an issue with IE 9 that messes up flash presentations.
    There is nothing we can do about it other than suggest you download a free alternative browser - until Microsoft sort the mess, sorry but there is little we can do.
    Ok thanks. I will drop right down to Firefox again that I hoped I had escaped.
    Query though, why use Flash if it doesn't work?

Its seems even Firefox is not working with it - they work fine in Safari on my mac but I will now look into the whole matter and see what i can do.

I think all the youtube one should work like the St Francis 50 test sail. Can someone please check?

Its a pity that Youtube limits the length of the videos as most will not fit onto it.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Yes SF test sail works in both IE9 and Firefox.

OK - for the longer videos I use a media farm in the USA ans simply embed the code from that - this has laways worked in the past with earlier versions of IE.
    I am now spending a few hours before going off for a sleep to see what i can do.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Congratulations on finishing the DVD. It was a massive project I am sure.

Thanks Dave.
    Yes it was a big project but I have a mountain of footage and I am currently working on the next two videos as well as having finished some more freebie ones for the web site.
    Its a passion so I enjoy it and its a way of preserving a lot of memories.
    The comments to date have aslo been helpfull and changed the the format of the DVD's in the pipeline.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Congrats on the launch of the website.

Re: videos not loading

Under the Free to Watch section, it seems that the videos that open in a pop-up window do not load in Firefox 6 when the Play icon is clicked, but they do load in IE 9. The videos that open on the same page below the video selection section all load and play in FF and IE.

Thanks that give me a clue as to which way to go - the moment I have time.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Default The Bad News and the Good News

In posting the first batch of videos today (they are all on the way by air mail to all overseas customers and first class to UK customers) I was surprised to find that the overseas air mail rates were treble what I had allowed for - the Post Office had quoted me land mail rates by mistake which also explains why the sample batch took so long to arrive!

So the bad news is thatI will be adding a $4.95 P&P charge for all overseas DVD's. This of course, does not apply to all orders placed to date.

The good news is that this P&P charge will not be applied until Sunday midnight so all overseas orders this week will still have no P&P charge.

UK orders are not effected.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Default Help Needed

To solve the long free video problem we have developed a code to wrap the same movies in a quick time wrapper.

If you do not have quick time then you will be prompted to download it as a once and for all free plugin.

We have a test page here
    http://www.sailingvideos4us.com/test.cfm
    Can anyone with Internet Explorer 9 please try and view the video on this terst page and tell me what happens?
    It may take a little time to start up as its a 34 minute movie but the simple questions are:-
    Can you view the movie?
    Does it prompt those without quicktime to download it.
    You may have to restart your computer after download - please tell us.
    If this works we can re-code so that you can enjoy long, free movies on the new site.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Default Re: Help Needed

To solve the long free video problem we have developed a code to wrap the same movies in a quick time wrapper.

If you do not have quick time then you will be prompted to download it as a once and for all free plugin.

We have a test page here
    Can anyone with Internet Explorer 9 please try and view the video on this terst page and tell me what happens?
    It may take a little time to start up as its a 34 minute movie but the simple questions are:-
    Can you view the movie?
    If this works we can re-code so that you can enjoy long, free movies on the new site.
    No it doesn't work, sorry.

It asks to download an update to Quicktime, Yes, Opens the page then stops and hangs. Then IE9 says it will close the program and does. It also closes M4US as well which is surprising. Other things stay open.

It may be relevant that I am using Win7 64bit version. I will see if I can get it to work on my wife's W7 IE9 32bit when she has finished.

Mike

I just tried in Firefox too, also no good. It wanted to download Apple Quicktime, Yes, Not available, Finish.

Mike

Comments in red:

We have a test page here
    Can anyone with Internet Explorer 9 please try and view the video on this terst page and tell me what happens? Quicktime logo is displayed. Short pause before video starts playing (same with IE9 and FF6).
    Can you view the movie? Yes.
    Does it prompt those without quicktime to download it. Don't know - QT already installed.
    You may have to restart your computer after download - please tell us. No, plays straight away (not heard of having to restart before watching a QT movie before )
    If this works we can re-code so that you can enjoy long, free movies on the new site. Look forward to viewing them!

We have a test page here
    Can you view the movie?
    Tried Google Chrome and IE 9; both asked something about quicktime and work after a few seconds pause.
    Sailors do it with the wind ....

Mike, I'm running the latest versions of quicktime (and Flash, etc) plugins. I wonder if your out of date versions are what's causing the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
    Mike, I'm running the latest versions of quicktime (and Flash, etc) plugins. I wonder if your out of date versions are what's causing the problem?
    Well, maybe.

On my 64bit pc I was unable to get Q to download its update and then run. No problems with any other programs.

Now, on my wife's 32bit pc, different make but W7 and IE9 again, she did not have Q loaded at all. So I said load and it went at it frantically for the next 8 minutes, bashing away on a fast modem and the drive light going accordingly. Then nothing. Retry Paul's test and it complains about MIME settings and went off to fix those. I went to feed after 15min. I will now try again.

Cheers for now.

Mike

No, still won't run.

It goes to a blank screen with a Q off centre, says MIME associations have changed, recover y/n, I said No this time. 14min of download for 167mb of data, back to blank screen with Q in a torn film strip icon, nothing happening. Exit back to here.

I will go back to my own pc now, its faster

Mike
    Last edited by dmmbruce; 31st August 2011 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast