Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suliere - The Crossing DVD Now Available

Default Re: Suliere - The Crossing DVD Now Available

Paul,

Tried your free movies. Those do not run in Google Chrome or IE9 (on a 32 bit win 7 system). As said before: no problem with the quicktime (test)version.

Eric
    Sailors do it with the wind ....

Thumbs up Re: Suliere - The Crossing DVD Now Available

hi mike have you tried real player iv watched pauls and all the other stuff via this player (free download only need the basic one) good luck steve

Quote Originally Posted by stholdbrook View Post
    hi mike have you tried real player iv watched pauls and all the other stuff via this player (free download only need the basic one) good luck steve
    Steve, his general stuff that has appeared before all runs fine. Whether it is you-tube or what I don't notice.

The problem I am having here is with the freebies Paul has put on his video selling site. These don't want to run, and I have no control over which program is being used.

Paul has now found a potential way of circumventing the Apple aspects and suggested a test to verify this. The test did not run either and again I have no control over which program is used.

However, thanks for the suggestion.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

of coarse you have control set realplayer as your defult player after you download it i had nothing but trouble with windows media player you may also neen google chrome which is also a free download good luck steve

Our tests at this end with a 64 bit PC and IE9 show that the quicktime solution does work OK.

Its is very puzzling that it does not work for some.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Although I have it installed I have to confess that I'm not a fan of Quicktime. As a solution to the problems some are having, why not post a link to the free film files and let people download them directly to their own computers to watch with whatever software they usually use? FWIW I prefer to use vlc.

Alternatively, why not put the free films on youtube and embed them in your website that way? There is a facility to have long films on youtube, although I've not had the need to look into exactly how it works. I do know that you can receive small payments based on the number of views. Might be worth looking into for your free films?

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
    Although I have it installed I have to confess that I'm not a fan of Quicktime. As a solution to the problems some are having, why not post a link to the free film files and let people download them directly to their own computers to watch with whatever software they usually use? FWIW I prefer to use vlc.

Alternatively, why not put the free films on youtube and embed them in your website that way? There is a facility to have long films on youtube, although I've not had the need to look into exactly how it works. I do know that you can receive small payments based on the number of views. Might be worth looking into for your free films?
    Yes that sounds like good suggestions.

I have retried the test video and still cant get it either in IE9 or Firefox. Steve Holdbrook said I should change my default viewer. Well obviously I can't as Quicktime takes over immediately from the initial click and after changing the colour palette then just hangs - nbg. Reboot.

Mike

I think the best way is to put all free films on Youtube even it may mean doing a part 1 and part 2 on the longest ones. So I shall set about doing this within the next week.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    I think the best way is to put all free films on Youtube even it may mean doing a part 1 and part 2 on the longest ones. So I shall set about doing this within the next week.
    Thanks!

Mike

There are now many free videos already up for free viewing.
    All Youtube and all may be viewed full screen.

There are still more to come as I work through the backlog.

Nobody should have any problem viewing.

http://www.sailingvideos4us.com/FreeToWatch.cfm
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

There are now 19 videos so that is it until I edit some more. At least everyone can see them now and their is a choice of bandwidths as well as full screen.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    There are now 19 videos so that is it until I edit some more. At ;east everyone can see them now and their is a choice of bandwidths as well as full screen.
    THANK-YOU.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12