Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Welcome to our New 'Mulltihullers' Forum

Default Re: Welcome to our New 'Mulltihullers' Forum

Sorry I thought I was answering your question.

I am glad to find this site and hope it will help my wife and I to better chuse a Cat for us.

I guess we are looking at used cats in the price range of US $ 330,000 to $500,000 delivered to Seattle.

Bubba,
    Welcome to the forum.

We started with a Gemini (31' - Performance Cruising) and now own a Prout Quasar (49'). The Gemini was plenty large enough for us when we first went cruising with our daughter (so there were 3 of us) and we were out for 5 years. Now we are two with the kids and grandkids coming for visits. We went larger because we want to do extended blue water cruising and wanted the extra water line for more comfort. Love the Quasar, but also loved the Gemini, but it's probably the cruising and sailing we love.

Be happy to answer any of your questions about either boat, if you have any.

Loree
    Aboard SeaWolf
    www.CruisersLive.com

I have been thinking about the Prout since we are on the west coast and there also on the Pacific and can be picked up at the factory and save some. Can you single hand your Prout ? I will need to be able to sail in Pudget sound solo since my wife traveles for work.

We also looked at the Gimini 105Mc but thought it would be too small for my wifes office and the amount of solar pannels we would need for her laptop and 2 taribite drives for her office.

Hello all;
    I just found this forum and joined up. I sail a 28 ft Cross Trimaran. Actually 2 feet was added to the stern so it is 30ft. I look forward to meeting all of you and reading your comments. I have also posted some pics in my album.

Fairwinds..
    Kelly.

Welcome, Kelly,

Good to have you aboard. We have a 50' Prout Quasar and are in Miami.

Loree
    Aboard SeaWolf
    www.CruisersLife.com

Welcome Kelly, love the anchorage photo, they are great mob here, friendly and knowlegeable, I have learnt a lot,

Glenn

Hi All , I have , after a long and strenuous discussion with the Admiral , convinced her to go cruising for a year in the Med. So now I need to buy a Catamaran. I have a long history of buying "distressed" boats and fixing them up - concentrating first on the sea-worthyness , and finally the "good-looks". So I will be "croozing" thru the threads here looking for pointers. I am very familiar with USA East coast , and have no experience with Med (yet) so was considering getting my vessel in USA , and sailing across.
    All input greatfully received

Kris Steyn Currently Landsick and doing something about it !

Good for you Kris and good luck in your search. Don't know how much experience you have with multihulls vs monohulls, but you may find that if your experience is limited to monos, the Admiral may surprise you when she experiences a cat and not want to come back after that year. That's how I was and now we're on a bigger cat and ready to go do it all again, so we might just see you in the Med.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234