Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: seawind 24 hard decks

Default Re: seawind 24 hard decks

Most Coremat is very "resin hungry", but Lantor produce a grade called Coremat XM which is made of hexagonal cells and soaks up much less resin. It's more dimensionally stable as well (Doesn't crush & stretch so much when consolidating the laminate) I've used it in hulls, decks etc and been very happy with the results.

Sounds like a nice job Alan!

Good to see you here Jeff... so you built a pod eh?

Hi

Thanks for sharing your experience/wisdom on SW24 decks. Curious if you have any pics of the '50mm long 25mm x 3mm thick right angle aluminum brackets that are spaced @ around 300mm' used to attach to hulls? Thanks! Wade

I used 7mm ply 'fiberglassed both sides (no chopped strand matt) continuous fibres stiched hold MUCH less resin, epoxy better on ply of course with 1 1/2" timbers across the boat as stringers, worked well but waves hit stringers occasionally and mad mate (ex but not just for that) used polyester resin on edges, not Wet Epoxy Saturated Timber (west) four part system so rot got hold. That was on a Tony Granger Velocity 7m cat Note keep weight down. mine plenty stiff enough. Can get measurements if required.Trick with epoxy is to spread it out so less heat buildup.
    Last edited by 'BJ'; 13th October 2018 at 05:15 AM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by 'BJ' View Post
    I used 7mm ply 'fiberglassed both sides (no chopped strand matt) continuous fibres stiched hold MUCH less resin, epoxy better on ply of course with 1 1/2" timbers across the boat as stringers, worked well but waves hit stringers occasionally and mad mate (ex but not just for that) used polyester resin on edges, not Wet Epoxy Saturated Timber (west) four part system so rot got hold. That was on a Tony Granger Velocity 7m cat Note keep weight down. mine plenty stiff enough. Can get measurements if required.Trick with epoxy is to spread it out so less heat buildup.
    Thanks very much for this info!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345