Thread: Denmark Trimaran Record - Irens/Cabaret Design

Default Denmark Trimaran Record - Irens/Cabaret Design

News report with video of Carbon3 circumnavigating Zealand, Denmark
    ...some good video of hi-wind sailing

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/video/index/id/44468187/

Default Re: Quorning Trimaran Record

Brian this is not a Quorning design but an Irens/Cabaret as per the quote below:

"Carbon 3", a Nigel Irens/Benoit Cabaret designed 40 foot trimaran, just broke the Round Sealand (biggest island in Denmark) record by sailing the 205 nm course in 14 hours and 50 minutes. That is an improvement of nearly 2.5 hours on the previous record which was set by an Extreme 40 in 2008.

Alan

Oops, sorry. I just saw where Eric Quorning was sailing it and assumed it was one of their vessels.

Back in 1986-87 I was the first person to import the 25' Dragonfly tris to the USA. Eric was racing some other custom tri (I think theirs) at the time. I dealt with his father.

That boat is booking thru that nasty sea.

Thread Title changed

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmultis View Post
    Thread Title changed
    Yea right : So what It's about sailing is it not? All of use in 'forums' aren't as knowledgeable as you. I enjoyed the added knowledge. Shame you know so much that you didn't get a bonus out of the subject 'changed' information Ciao, james

Quote Originally Posted by James Val Jackson View Post
    Yea right : So what It's about sailing is it not? All of use in 'forums' aren't as knowledgeable as you. I enjoyed the added knowledge. Shame you know so much that you didn't get a bonus out of the subject 'changed' information Ciao, james
    ???????? He's a moderator I think he was just making the title of the thread more clear.

Default Re: Denmark Trimaran Record - Irens/Cabaret Design

The fore/aft balance of the boat does not look optimal in the conditions sailed, she seem to be heavy on the nose, with rudders aerating, also the one on the lee ama.... But they broke the record! The start/finish was just 5 nautical miles from where I live.

Alan

thanks smj.

James - what happened was that Brian made a post about what he thought was a Quorning Tri. Alan indicated that it wasn't that design, Brian agreed. So, not unreasonably I thought I would change it to make it more accurate for people. As SMJ said - I'm a moderator, its what I do to help. I didn't know anything, I didn't seek a bonus (paul pays me far too much already) I was just trying to assist.

FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmultis View Post
    thanks smj.

James - what happened was that Brian made a post about what he thought was a Quorning Tri. Alan indicated that it wasn't that design, Brian agreed. So, not unreasonably I thought I would change it to make it more accurate for people. As SMJ said - I'm a moderator, its what I do to help. I didn't know anything, I didn't seek a bonus (paul pays me far too much already) I was just trying to assist.

FFS
    Mornin' cobber. :t) for that. I just couldn't figure out what was going on : This getting old has nothing going for it - at all. IMHO

If you're getting to many bonus's :w) just remember me - your little old mate up here in the tropics, eh Y'all have a great day (sailing I hope!!) Ciao, james