Thread: Insurance that likes Cuba

Hybrid View

Default Insurance that likes Cuba

Insurance time once again and despite my 12 years of no claims my insurance company turned me down because I want to try and cruise Cuba this year. They limit the time to 7 days there and will not budge. I need about a month there to make a Cruising Cuba video. So does anyone have suggestions for a broker or insurance company who likes Cuba a bit more?
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Default Re: Insurance that likes Cuba

Try Admiral. We've already spoken to them about Cuba and they were fine about it. More expensive than the Leewards and Windwards - but that's to be expected.

Cheap end, try CraftInsure. They are very well spoken of and are said to cover most things if asked.

Otherwise ask Pantaenius, reputation as very reliable, willing to consider individual cases apparently. Dearer, but not excessively so when I checked, I'm a satisfied user but of course with no special insurance needs.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Thanks for those suggestions. I am onto the case with them right now.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

I talked to CraftInsure at the boat show, as I actually use them for my insurance.

They were very happy about the mediterranean, and were prepared to talk about the atlantic, but got very uncomfortable when I started talking about the pacific.
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Talbot... As Karen suggested, talk to Admiral. They are very good at world-wide coverage. Just about the only thing they don't like is bareboat charter (understandably!) Their MD is - or was - a Catana owner so they understand cats.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    Insurance time once again and despite my 12 years of no claims my insurance company turned me down because I want to try and cruise Cuba this year. They limit the time to 7 days there and will not budge. I need about a month there to make a Cruising Cuba video. So does anyone have suggestions for a broker or insurance company who likes Cuba a bit more?
    Try Yachting 24 in Hamburg They are part of Pantaneous. I would love to cruise Cuba. Been on holiday there lots ,love the place and the people. If you get the video made would love to see it

Hello, I am from Velos Insurance Services in London and we are happy to provide terms for blue water cruising whenever we can be of assistance. We certainly will do our best to tailor a policy to your requirements.

If you click on the link below it will take you straight to our on-line enquiry form:
    http://www.velosinsurance.co.uk/quot...rm.asp?aff=128

It may be worth checking us out prior to your next renewal.
    Liz McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by liz.mcguire View Post
    Hello, I am from Velos Insurance Services in London and we are happy to provide terms for blue water cruising whenever we can be of assistance. We certainly will do our best to tailor a policy to your requirements.
    It may be worth checking us out prior to your next renewal.
    Liz McGuire
    Liz

What is your attitude to single handers or couples on blue water cruises?
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Hi Talbot, thanks for your message. With regards to single handers on blue water, unfortunately we are unable to assist. However, for couples, providing they have suitable experience & their boat is adequately equipped then we should be able to accommodate, assuming all other criteria fits; e.g. age & construction of vessel etc. Why not give us a shot and see?

Hi Liz, a few questions.

I've filled out the quotation form, but there are some questions where my boat doesn't really fit the form.

I didn't buy it, I built it. It's not a production boat. So the purchase price is kind of hard to define... I did have a surveyor value the boat though.

Can you still insure? We do intend to go bluewater cruising this year - Vanuatu, possibly New Caledonia, or the Solomon islands and Louisiades. We'll have at least 3 experienced sailors on board for all ocean passages.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Alan.

Default Re: policymantra

Quote Originally Posted by tajmahal222222 View Post

Link Removed
    Use the search facility and you will see that Forumadmin has beenlooking at exactly the same thing and several ideas and brokers have come forward about it.

Mike
    Last edited by ColdFusion; 28th January 2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: link removed
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Default Re: policymantra

Quote Originally Posted by tajmahal222222 View Post

Link removed
    I wonder what tajmahal6x2's intentions are?
    Last edited by ColdFusion; 28th January 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: link removed
    Sailors do it with the wind ....

He is a spammer and has been banned.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Default Insurance that likes Cuba

We had a storm and water went under the crawlspace and submerged my heater 3/4 a way under water. Now it is not working. Is that covered by homeowners insurance? .

There is n o way that is covered by your home insurance.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul