Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance that likes Cuba

Default Re: Insurance that likes Cuba

Hi Talbot, thanks for your message. With regards to single handers on blue water, unfortunately we are unable to assist. However, for couples, providing they have suitable experience & their boat is adequately equipped then we should be able to accommodate, assuming all other criteria fits; e.g. age & construction of vessel etc. Why not give us a shot and see?

Hi Liz, a few questions.

I've filled out the quotation form, but there are some questions where my boat doesn't really fit the form.

I didn't buy it, I built it. It's not a production boat. So the purchase price is kind of hard to define... I did have a surveyor value the boat though.

Can you still insure? We do intend to go bluewater cruising this year - Vanuatu, possibly New Caledonia, or the Solomon islands and Louisiades. We'll have at least 3 experienced sailors on board for all ocean passages.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Alan.

I didn't buy it, I built it.
    Quite possibly the coooolist thing ever written on this site.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by 44C View Post
    Hi Liz, a few questions.

I've filled out the quotation form, but there are some questions where my boat doesn't really fit the form.

I didn't buy it, I built it. It's not a production boat. So the purchase price is kind of hard to define... I did have a surveyor value the boat though.

Can you still insure? We do intend to go bluewater cruising this year - Vanuatu, possibly New Caledonia, or the Solomon islands and Louisiades. We'll have at least 3 experienced sailors on board for all ocean passages.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Alan.
    G'day Alan. Thanks for the subject & posting. :y) Do keep us completely informed - please. :t) I'm looking a a tri that was re-designed & built by an ocean racing Frenchman in 1998 or so. He was a good tradesperson & it's rather medium to high tech - light & quuick enough to cruise under sail in 6 to 10 kts. Like you - I must be able to sail the darn thing - it's just in my blood. I'm sure you understand so I'm really interested in everything you find out. Thanks again cobber. Ciao, james

Quote Originally Posted by wannab View Post
    Quite possibly the coooolist thing ever written on this site.

Kent
    Thanks, but I'm far from unique. Heaps of Aussies build their own cats. A good site if you were interested in building is here:

http://diy-yachts.com/forum/index.php

Our boat is here:

http://diy-yachts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=254

Default Re: policymantra

Quote Originally Posted by tajmahal222222 View Post
    Insurance time once again and despite my 12 years of no claims my insurance company turned me down because I want to try and cruise Cuba this year. They limit the time to 7 days there and will not budge. I need about a month there to make a Cruising Cuba video. So does anyone have suggestions for a broker or insurance company who likes Cuba a bit more?

Link Removed
    Use the search facility and you will see that Forumadmin has beenlooking at exactly the same thing and several ideas and brokers have come forward about it.

Mike
    Last edited by ColdFusion; 28th January 2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: link removed
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Default Re: policymantra

Quote Originally Posted by tajmahal222222 View Post
    Insurance time once again and despite my 12 years of no claims my insurance company turned me down because I want to try and cruise Cuba this year. They limit the time to 7 days there and will not budge. I need about a month there to make a Cruising Cuba video. So does anyone have suggestions for a broker or insurance company who likes Cuba a bit more?

Link removed
    I wonder what tajmahal6x2's intentions are?
    Last edited by ColdFusion; 28th January 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: link removed
    Sailors do it with the wind ....

He is a spammer and has been banned.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    Thanks! I did wonder, and clearly so did Sigma.

Mike

P.S. Happy birthday of whenever, and I hope your guts are feeling better.
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    Some impressive spamming......
    I didn't know people could get banned on this forum? apparently so to spare is from spammers.

So :th( how many amps do your solar panels give since all connections are properly made?
    Sailors do it with the wind ....

Quote Originally Posted by sigmasailor View Post
    Some impressive spamming......
    I didn't know people could get banned on this forum? apparently so to spare is from spammers.?
    Yep, pretty much the only way to get the chop. If we didn't then the threads would be full, literally of penis enlargement ads, cheap apple telephones and nigerian opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmultis View Post
    Yep, pretty much the only way to get the chop. If we didn't then the threads would be full, literally of penis enlargement ads, cheap apple telephones and nigerian opportunities.

:th(

I can think of some forums that have obviously made use of at least one of these advertised facilities due to the amount of willie waving going on.

:th(
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Yes we have to ban spammers although we encourage anyone who wants to promote their products or services related to multihulls/boats.
    For the record the spammer bans run into the thousands and their really is no choice in the matter.

Eric - I will answer your solar panel question if you ask it in the Sulliere on a Roll thread
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    The problem with single handing is that if you do it for periods of more than 24 hours, your're breaking maritme law for failing to maintain an adequate watch (please don't ask me to look it up). So any reputable insurance company won't cover it. They'll often cover periods of up to 24 hours/island hopping, since most of us can pull an all-nighter once in a while. Even if the policy language does not specificially forbid single handing, you will probably find some language in the policy about "seaworthiness". In a court of (admiralty) law, failing to have the vessel staffed with adequate number of crew for the intended passgae would make it unseaworthy.

Susan, I tried to PM you but your mailbox here is full.
    Tropical island life in the Devil's Triangle.
    http://2gringos.blogspot.com/

Default Insurance that likes Cuba

We had a storm and water went under the crawlspace and submerged my heater 3/4 a way under water. Now it is not working. Is that covered by homeowners insurance? .

There is n o way that is covered by your home insurance.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12