Thread: Trident Insurance any recommendation

Default Trident Insurance any recommendation

I have been hunting for insurance for my new Leopard 38 to be moored in Dampier Western Australia and have been struggling to find an insurer due to Dampier being undeveloped (marina wise) and in a cyclone area.

Trident insurance and Edward William have been the only insurers to offer a policy.

Edward William I have read about and don't believe I should go that way.

Has anyone got an views on Trident Insurance, if so it would be appreciated.

Tony

Default Re: Trident Insurance any recommendation

Can't help with the companies you mentioned, but we switched to Pantaenius a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier. They had great coverage areas for where we were cruising and are now with competitive rates, and very little restrictions in the Pacific where we were cruising (California/Mexico coast). Worth checking out - we've never had a claim, but they've been great to deal with, and when we've needed to add them to whatever marina our boat is in, I just send them an email and they take care of everything quickly and with no hassle.

Post is a bit old, But I was with Trident when my boat sank last year,

They were extremely helpfull in all my dealings with them,
    They did write my boat off and paid me out in full,
    also paying for all salvage work and cleaning, hardstand and all other costs till the day I picked up my wreck, put it on a truck and shipped it to Melbourne,

Very good company to deal with, I have no reservations in recommending them to other people,

Cheers,
    Brian,

After your recommendation Mr B. I went with Trident. Best quote and best terms. May I never have to post a claim report!

It was a very sad and emotional day when I put in my claim, it was definately not the way I wanted it to happen,

They were actually concerned about me and my passenger, and how we were handling it all, Which is some thing I didnt expect from an insurance company,

It was very surprising, They must be boating people themselves, Not just people pumping a keyboard and raking in the dollars,

Very well done, Trident, Thank you, My boat is being repaired at the moment,
    finally after all this crap weather held it up.