Thread: Marina Las Palmas

Default Marina Las Palmas

We are right now there, space is no problem but october and november the marina is closed for guests cause all the ARC boats are there.
    You can anchor very safe right outside the marina (they charge 3 euros/day), charges in the marina are euro 90/week for our 38ft cat.
    email me if you have questions.....
    Helmut

Default Re: Marina Las Palmas

anchoring in the bay just in front of las plamas marina is NOT allowed from jul1st to sept15!

las palmas marina is in the canaries the only one which is government operated and its about 50 percent cheaper than all the others.

helmut

Beware that you will be charged some strange tax if your boat is 12+m long. If I remember correctly we paid 75 EUR for our Lagoon 410.
    Not a problem if you stay for a few days or longer. But its nasty if you want to stay for a night.

And there are many nicer places on earth !

well we have 11,78m
    yes there are better places but climate is pretty nice and gran canaria is not just maspalomas beach with 1000s of germans and brits and most important for us - its on the way to cabo verde and the caribbean...
    helmut

I guess we did the same trip this january, but because we were so late we had very cold weather in the Canaries.

The good point about the marina is that their shop sells good baguette. But don't buy too much, the best bread I have found for years was in Mindelo. Stock enough, you won't get anything like acceptable bread until you get to the french antilles.

yes you are right about the baguette....we will go to mindelo for the carneval in february and in march we continie to martinique. during the trip we will enjoy self baked bread and i hope we get some tunas as well.

We had bad luck in Mindelo, very windy and lots of Sahara dust. Visibility was less than a mile.

On our longer trips we always had bad luck with our self-baked bread. Results were very poor compared to what we got at anchor. So we always filled our freezer with local bread.

We trailed a lure all the way across the atlantic with very limited results: lots of weed, a portugese manowar, the tentacle of a larger octopus and finally a 2ft mahimahi.

All the best for your trip!