Thread: Great Leopard 44 video

Default Great Leopard 44 video

Check out this awesome video of a Leopard 44 on its way to Tahiti!

BORKED

Admin note - I embedded the video for you. Paul

Default Re: Great Leopard 44 video

Nice video. I see you had one or two spots of rain as well. Have you had any really rough stuff? I would be interested to know how the forward cockpit handled rough weather.

There was much discussion about it when the yacht first came out. I queried it with a dealer and he said the forward cockpit will drain in 44 seconds. (Then again, he may well have told me the moon is actuially made of cheese if he thought he could make a sale. )

How does this yacht handle the "not so pleasant" days?
    Hayden

Life is like a poker game. If you don't win, you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Hopefull View Post
    Nice video. I see you had one or two spots of rain as well. Have you had any really rough stuff? I would be interested to know how the forward cockpit handled rough weather.

There was much discussion about it when the yacht first came out. I queried it with a dealer and he said the forward cockpit will drain in 44 seconds. (Then again, he may well have told me the moon is actuially made of cheese if he thought he could make a sale. )

How does this yacht handle the "not so pleasant" days?
    ----------------------------------------------------

Hi It's Bazcatana here again,

Can anyone tell me why the Leopard is so much Heavier than; lets start off with the Catana 381, both 40' ish but the Leopard is 2 Ton heavier, is that good??? even though we know it's a lot to do with the method of construction.

Can anyone explain what has not been explained to me as yet, why weight is taboo in Cat design, I have seen some Alu 45' Cats in Phuket sailing at what can only be described as FAST. see attachments.

When do we move the Bruce number (power to weight ratio) calculation from low weight means boat speed to heavier weight also means speed like the photograph, its not sail area, that's in the calc already.

Any suggestions???

Bazcatana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wcm268 View Post
    Can anyone explain what has not been explained to me as yet, why weight is taboo in Cat design, I have seen some Alu 45' Cats in Phuket sailing at what can only be described as FAST. see attachments.
    Not following you Barry - what are you saying about the Mumby Cats you pictured. That they are good or bad or what

(for the record they are good Australian Designs and - if built right - great cruising boats)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmultis View Post
    Not following you Barry - what are you saying about the Mumby Cats you pictured. That they are good or bad or what

(for the record they are good Australian Designs and - if built right - great cruising boats)
    And there-in lies the challenge!