Thread: Outremer 5X REVIEW

Default Outremer 5X REVIEW

Hope those interested had a chance to read the review in the September/October Multihull World. Given my bias and the pricing listed for the "competitors" there is no better choice.

We, Just Catamarans, will have an Outremer 49 at the Miami Boat Show this coming February. We are "praying" for a new 5X but it is still under discussion.

For anyone interested, we have a 2001 Outremer 45 listed. This boat was built for/by my personal friend, was basically not sailed for 5 years, sold to another friend who took his family around the world on it. She is in great shape (saw her a few weeks ago) and needs very little to go around again. We expect to have her in Ft Lauderdale soon.

Default Re: Outremer 5X REVIEW

Theres no problem if you want to pricing for the new boats here or an ad for the 45. Or a pdf copy (if thats allowed) of the article.

I think quite a few of us here like the Outremer boats and would enjoy at least a little dream of having one.

Hi Andrew.
    My understanding is that the review is copyright protected which I will respect.
    Pricing for a new Outremer 49 is 570,000 Euros base. With option we would recommend around 700,000 Euros. 5X base price is 950,000 Euros and with options we'd recommend around 1,150,000 Euros. September 2012 pricing which may change shortly.
    Used Outremer 45's range is plus or minus 325,000 Euros. Depends on year, condition, VAT paid or not (in Europe).
    Not necessary to be to commercial here, contact us anytime!
    Last edited by Ma Bete; 4th October 2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: add sentence

Whats the key difference/s between the 49 and the 5X. There is a goodly sum of money between them. I genuinely like these boats a lot and am keen to drill deeper learning about them.

Love to have the time for a very long exchange but do not. Prepping for Annapolis Power Boat Show. Key difference ----SIZE and DESIGN(ER)

FYI Outremer owners (2 guys) also own Allures and Garcia. Allures builds 40-55 Aluminum and Garcia 60-100+ aluminum. Garcia has just completed a new trawler,GT54, which made her debut in Cannes and is currently crossing the Atlantic, on her own bottom, for Annapolis. While we specialize it catamarans we are assisting with the trawler launch in the US. Knowing about the company will tell you about the commitment of the principals.

Please look at Just Catamarans website or Outremer website.
    If you don't find what you want send me a private messsage. I can provide information on; pricing, options, delivery slots, visits to factory, test sails, tech info. You may find everything you want to know right there.
    I have spent a fair amount of time at the Outremer factory over the last few years. In my opinion they are doing it right.
    Let me know if you need specifics.
    Best wishes, Stuart
    Last edited by Ma Bete; 4th October 2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: add words.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmultis View Post
    Whats the key difference/s between the 49 and the 5X.
    About 10' in length.