Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: voyage rendezvous

Default voyage rendezvous

Hi All,

I would love to work on a get together for Voyage owners. Who is interested and where and when? I'm thinking the Caribbean around winter 2014. We will be in the Exumas this winter if that works. Let's plan a party!

Pam
    Silent Faith

Default Re: voyage rendezvous

Great idea, but certainly easier said than done. Enjoy your new boat and the Exumas this winter!

Where is everyone from? Maybe we can get together in South Fl or the keys? Anyone going to the Miami boat show? Even if you don't have your boat with you we could get together can share our ownership of our Voyages.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by pjvoyage50 View Post
    Where is everyone from? Maybe we can get together in South Fl or the keys? Anyone going to the Miami boat show? Even if you don't have your boat with you we could get together can share our ownership of our Voyages.

Pam
    Pam, it does help if members give an indication of where they are in their profiles.

This would give a clue as to whether your idea is practical.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Thanks, Mike. I'll do that.

Great idea, I am currently in Curacao heading north in a few weeks.
    Please keep me informed if you decide to meet in the Caribbean.
    Might be in Connecticut for the summer but will head back to the Caribbean before winter of 2013. Maybe Sopers Hole in Tortola would be a great meeting spot since it is the headquarters for Voyage.

That sounds like a real possibility. We will be heading that way also next November. Soper's Hole would be perfect. Let's see who else could

meet us there.

Pam

My boat is already in the BVi so I could be there. I know several other owners with boats in charter or otherwise located in the Virgins.
    Foxy's Catfight is always the last weekend in October, we have participated the last two years and its a lot of fun. (there were 5 or 6 Voyage cats in the race this year). If would be fun to make it part of the rendezvous.

I can definitely see this coming together! What fun!!!

Pam,
    I think you have already sparked interest with your great idea.
    Not only would this be fun but also educational for all owners to share their experiences with these boats. Even if we cannot get together for the "Cat Fight" there is no reason we cannot hoist our own regatta and make it fun for everyone. Maybe a cruising race to Anegada or Virgin Gorda would be in order then we carry the party to a different destination. Plenty room to anchor in both places.
    Again I congratulate you on your foresight.

Sopher's is the place where you may get the most Voyage owners in one place easily. I could see us planning a week to meet, we are heading down this Thursday for 8 days. No plans set in stone yet for next year, so a meet up somewhere in the BVI's. Maybe take over White Bay behind Peter's Island.

We returned from the Exumas in June and have been working to get the boat ready for a 1-2 year extended cruise to the southern Caribbean. Hope we still have many onboard for a Voyage get together in 2014. It sounds like the Virgins are the place where many of us will be this next spring. Anyone going to be in another location we should consider? Looking forward to planning a possible fun race, potlucks and getting to know more Voyage owners. Maybe we can get the Voyage company to participate!

Pam and Jim

We are new to this forum. We would be interested in a rendezvous in the Exumas in the winter of 2014. Janice on Dances with Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithDolphins View Post
    We are new to this forum. We would be interested in a rendezvous in the Exumas in the winter of 2014. Janice on Dances with Dolphins
    Hello, welcome. What boat do you have? Pam started this thread looking for Voyagers but I don't know if that has widened to those available. Probably so

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

We have a Norseman400, which is the former manufacturer of Voyage Yachts. We have owned Dances with Dolphins since November 2000.

We will be in the Exumas in December and we could have a get together there and the VI in the spring. Let's keep the conversation going as we all get ready for our next voyages.

Pam

We are interested and planning an April trip to the Caribbean .

Great! Our email is pjvoyage50@gmail for anyone who wants to correspond that way. So maybe Exumas for December and April/May for the VI. Does that sound good?

Pam

Hello to all,

Just a wanted to post the latest on the Voyage Rendezvous. I have tried to contact Voyage to see if they want to get involved and maybe sponsor a party or something but no response. Maybe the VI Voyage group would be interested.
    I think roques is there. Can you see if they might be interested in sponsoring a race or party for us?
    So far it looks like the participants for the VI in April 2014 would be:
    roques (they know other Voyage owners there that might join in)
    tkm
    seaking
    southern seas ( are you also going to the Exumas?)
    us, silent faith

For the Exumas, GT
    silent faith
    dances with dolphins

Does this sound right? Any updates? Let's keep the momentum going!

Pam

Hi guys, Voyage catamarans are not good at answering emails. We have been in touch with Voyage Cape Town and Voyage at Sopers Hole with nearly no response. However, I have a friend in Nanny Cay who spoke to the managers son who was very helpful for us looking to do maintenance and repairs on our Voyage. So good luck with getting a personal response from Voyage anywhere. We would love to come to your party and try and give everybody a spanking on the race course, but, alas, it's on the other side of the planet! Happy to meet half way How about French Polynesia or Bora Bora or even Fiji. But won't get back to the Atlantic for 4 or 5 years. So will see you on the flip side.
    L&N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast