Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lagoon 39

Default Re: Lagoon 39

That look with the small mainsail reminds me of the old Dean 365 catamarans from the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by paulrack View Post
    That look with the small mainsail reminds me of the old Dean 365 catamarans from the 80's
    Yes, or the Prouts. I thought the reason small mains/large genoas were dropped was for performance reasons, so I find it strange that they are making a comeback with Lagoon saying:

"a large forward triangle allows a larger foresails choice:a promise for great performance"

and

"the mainsail... benefits from better winds at the top, thus enhancing performance" (except there's less of it)

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
    I think Karen must have, ahem, 'missed' that part of my post. Whoosh!
    Au contraire! Try flipping the pic in your fave image program... like Photoshop The print on the bottom shelf books will then look correct but the print on the top shelf books will then be to cock. The books have been photoshopped into the picture after it was taken. Hence my comment.
    Alright, already, sir, keep yer shirt on!

Mea culpa. Now I've got my noodle unflipped, and me proper eyes on, yer right. Spot on the money. The truth incarnate. Photoshop undeniable.

For the effect produced, I think we can at least safely agree it wasn't worth the bloody effort though!

K

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Alright, already, sir, keep yer shirt on!

Mea culpa. Now I've got my noodle unflipped, and me proper eyes on, yer right. Spot on the money. The truth incarnate. Photoshop undeniable.

For the effect produced, I think we can at least safely agree it wasn't worth the bloody effort though!

K
    Agreed! But at least someone at Lagoon is trying to warn us off and I can't fault them for that

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum so salutation to all Boat lovers.
    (Sorry for the spelling i'm not english speaking and I do my best)
    I just can't believe wath I have read here about the lagoon 39 ! So much critics !!!
    And no one of you haven't ever see this boat yet ! Did you sail it ? Did you see it for real ? did you ever went onboard ?
    In fact no one of us have see this boat simply because it is not yet available to see by the public until Paris boat show next week
    So how can you have such preconception !!!! Some even say they will feel ashamed to be onboard !!! and they will sink one in the middle of the atlantic if they get one for free !!!
    This is so hysterical... or so much childish ! or ... well ii don't know.. but... are you working for the a Lagoon concurrent company or something ?
    How can anybody be able to make such sentence before any test where realize ? This sort of hate is the one you can expect from religious extremist fighting each other !

Wait before to speak so load !

If you want to look back in history the lagoon 380 was very badly welcome when it did arrive on the market... result... the biggest sail in Cat history !
    And so many lagoon 380 having crossed the atlantic, the pacific and make it all around the world !

Finally thinking that the boat will make you crazy and capsize because there is Psychotherapy book and upside-down books on the picture... is so ... well I cant say so .. so immature ! And just do not give any sense, the graphic designer have nothing to do with the boat architect !

If you do not like this boat... well good for you Karen... but then why taking so much time speaking about it ?
    If you don't like it (before you see it) why loosing you time searching for picture and posting picture etc...
    Personally i don't like banging my head on the wall and so.. I don't do it and I don't speak about this subject... simple !

I would be happy to have some of you sharing about the boat you enjoy, but about the boat you do not enjoy.. wath is the point ?

Finally only Rabby get it right, this is exactly 100% 3D rendering not real picture, thank you Rabby.
    The explanation of the upside down is simple when the picture is mapped on the props book there where a inversion made for some of them. This have nothing to do with photoshop.

I will go to Paris boat sow next week and I will share my impression about this boat after I see it... if I like it... but if I don't why loose my time ?

Thank you LoneStar for having put a little moderation here it where needed !

And Colfdusion.... you are the moderator !!!! is this wath you call ... moderation ?

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    And Colfdusion.... you are the moderator !!!! is this wath you call ... moderation ?
    Welcome magenta. On the subject of moderation, moderation here is not censorship, people are entitled to express almost any opinion, if they think a boat is ugly, they are permitted to say so, if they think the sail plan and overall dimensions of the boat suggest that it wont sail well, again entitled to say so.

The psychotherapy book discussion is a light hearted tongue ijn cheek form of satire, nothing more

Here are the only real pict of the Lagoon 39 available today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for you welcoming.
    Well I do not promote censorship naturally that is horrible, I where just a bit disappointed because i where looking for objective discussion about this new boat and i'm afraid this sort of talk will make a bad reputation to a boat before it get even get a chance to prove it quality (or to prove his inability)

I will let you know about the Lagoon 39 in one week after visiting Paris Boat Show, and I will take some close picture to share with you here.

Have a good time friend !
    Last edited by magenta; 2nd December 2012 at 01:28 AM.

If you do not like this boat... well good for you Karen... but then why taking so much time speaking about it ?
    Pardon?

Ah, but you shoot the wrong horse, Magenta! Not guilty, M'Lud! plead I,

In fact, if you care to re-read this thread, you'll find I've made no derogatory statements about the boat itself at all. Not one.

And this might have something to do with the language barrier here, but the flippant remark I made about the upside down books is just that. It was nothing to do with the Lagoon's styling, and it certainly doesn't have the power to spell the end of Lagoon boat sales!

The explanation of the upside down is simple when the picture is mapped on the props book there where a inversion made for some of them. This have nothing to do with photoshop.
    Simple eh?

Karen

Woups Sorry Karen ! My mistake !

Woups Sorry Karen ! My mistake !
    Forgiven!

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum so salutation to all Boat lovers.
    (Sorry for the spelling i'm not english speaking and I do my best)
    I just can't believe wath I have read here about the lagoon 39 ! So much critics !!!...
    Magenta,

Don't worry about your English--you did fine. Good post and welcome to the forum.

Marshall
    "People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -- Dick Newick

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    Nice to see so many open minds! I can understand if the looks don't appeal to someone personally, but beauty is very clearly relative. I have always LIKED the looks of Lagoons and find the new 39 quite nice.

From the inside it is far more desirable than the cave like appearance of so many vessels today that use extremely slanted windows and then have to cover them to keep the sun at bay. From the outside, it looks more modern to me than many. But just because some designs don't appeal to ME, I would simply state that I don't care for the look, or that I prefer something different. I find some of the judgments here pretty harsh. Time will tell if others find it attractive, I suspect it will end up being very popular.

As for the sailing performance, I suspect they have some idea of what they are doing, and I am very interested in seeing how it performs. Lagoon is not the only company that is taking this approach. Freeflow cats also have a similar take on positioning the rig, and state similar benefits. In any case I do plan to keep an open mind.
    Agree entirely with your post.

If I don't end up with a Freeflow I could well end up with a 2nd hand Lagoon such as the 400.

Magenta

Please don't take my post too seriously! Much of what I wrote was firmly 'tongue in cheek' - meaning that it was meant to be humorous. Having said that, I genuinely don't like the exterior appearance of the Lagoon 39. I think it looks hideous. If someone gave me one, would I really scuttle it in the middle of the Atlantic? No, of course not! I'd pay a delivery skipper to take it as far away from me as possible and then anonymously instruct a broker to sell it

It will be interesting to see how well (or not) the Lagoon 39 sails and whether it becomes as big a sales success as the Lagoon 380. I am not anti-Lagoon. Some of them I quite like - the 440 for example, seems to be a very nice boat, despite my misgivings about the flybridge helm and very high boom. ...But there is no such thing as a perfect boat.

Multihulls4us is (usually!) a very friendly place and a wide range of opinions are often expressed and debated. The fact that I am one of the moderators here is irrelevant, I think. I am as free to express my opinion here as you or anyone else, and I often do!

Although I don't agree with the sentiment in your post, you made some valid points and it was nevertheless a great first post! Welcome to the forums.

Sorry, but that design is still fugly. Every boat is a compromise, and that includes interior and exterior. Lagoon (with the exception of the TPI ones), have always allowed the exterior to be the area where form and function are in the middle of world war 3.

Their designs have even made the catfisher not the ugliest available, and that took some doing.
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Welcome Magenta,

Its nice to have some balanced discussion here. Your language is fine.

I look forward to your pictures, I hope you enjoy the show.

I think Lone star and magenta might need to get a room! (thats a joke - okay - its funny - weak attempt at wit).

Guys no one here is saying its a bad boat, just that to a number of eyes that it is uglier than sin. No one is saying that its a bad boat, just that all our understanding of sail plans suggest that it will be slower and point lower than the same boat with a mainsail driven rig.

Wow, humor at the expense of others. Classy.

Magenta

If someone gave me one, would I really scuttle it in the middle of the Atlantic? No, of course not! I'd pay a delivery skipper to take it as far away from me as possible and then anonymously instruct a broker to sell it
    Hello ColdFusion. I have to admit I did have preconception myself. Reading you last post I really enjoy it as well as you sense of humor Well it look like there is some nice fellow Here.

By the way if you look for somebody to purchase you free second hand Laggon 39 here I'm. And I swell I will never say to anybody that it where you who sell it to me

Let be serious. As I said I will share later the pict I will take next week of the 39 in Paris Boat show. Then we can go on a bit further talking about this Floating Camping Car

To me until now wath look good about it compare to the 380 is that now:

- All maneuver are back to the steering station.
    - Chart table looking front (almost)
    - Direct access to the steering station from the cockpit

"Fair Winds and Following Seas." everybody

Yet another pict of the "Lagoon 39" : In the street of Paris on his way to the Boat show. (Yes I know we don't see anything but it is better then nothing)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by magenta; 3rd December 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast