Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lagoon 39

Default Re: Lagoon 39

Magenta ...

What time was that last photo taken? If you took it, you must have lost a lot of sleep! Or did you get that shot from some where else?

Also, can I ask where you got the other photos from?

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Magenta ...

What time was that last photo taken? If you took it, you must have lost a lot of sleep! Or did you get that shot from some where else?

Karen
    http://lagoon-inside.com/2012/11/new-4/
    http://www.cata-lagoon.com/lagoon_ne..._uk.php?id=316

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Magenta ...

Hello Karen, I did'n take the photo, I have fond then on the web page of the Paris Nautical Boat Show, in the Press Section, here :
    http://www.salonnautiqueparis.com/pr...es-bateaux.htm

I live in Geneva not Paris...

The other pict... well LoneStar is a good surfer, he just give you answer

I wont be there before 6 days so we have to wait a bit.

Let me explain now why I'm interested in this Lagoon 39.
    I'm planing to make a 6 year round the world trip on a Cat.
    Gibraltar, Tenerife, Cap verde, St Lucie, Panama, Galapagos, Marquises...
    Currently I don't have the Cat yet I plan the purchase it end of next year, and my plan where to purchase a Lagoon 380 as it is a small cat, cheap, relatively save and easy to handle alone or with small crew. I do not need a fast Cat as I have all the time to relax, and also I'm not a confirmed skipper. In fact it is a very new experience for me to sail boat.

So after 2 year of preparation and intense research I end up having make my choice on the Lagoon 380 for this trip, but there is few little think I don't like about it, like the fact that the maneuver of the main is not close to the helm station, you have to cross the all cockpit to change anything on the sail.

I knew Lagoon where onto something... and then came the 39. Where all my expectation concerning the cat seams to be fulfill. Naturally, this is a small cat, and the look of it, well we cannot expect to have a Ferrari or a rolls royce for the price of a Honda ! Sure it is not a mind-blowing cat, but it look like a vert affordable one and maybe a good and save one.

If you have any other suggestion for a good cat to live on it for few year, and affordable, then please keep me inform.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    ...well we cannot expect to have a Ferrari or a rolls royce for the price of a Honda !
    I disagree! All of my motorcycles except one were made by Honda and the last one had the performance of a Ferrari The only bike I ever owned that wasn't a Honda was a Yamaha. That also had the performance of a Ferrari but with the benefit of hindsight I wish I had stayed with Honda as the build quality of the Yamaha wasn't so good and the engine wasn't as refined. The moral of the story is that Hondas aren't so bad!

I'll look forward to your pictures and report on the Lagoon 39. Also, if you have chance please also take a look at the other catamarans at the show for those of us who won't be in Paris. Thank you

Hi Karen, sorry for the thread drift, but what is up with Butterfly? Not much activity on the Blog lately eh???

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
    I'll look forward to your pictures and report on the Lagoon 39. Also, if you have chance please also take a look at the other catamarans at the show for those of us who won't be in Paris. Thank you
    Yes if anybody would like to have me going for info or pict from a particular boat or info from a particular exhibitor I will go in mission, just let me know wath you would like me to have a look at !

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    Hi Karen, sorry for the thread drift, but what is up with Butterfly? Not much activity on the Blog lately eh???
    Hi LoneStar ...

I'm delighted to report the inactivity on the blog has absolutely nothing to do with Butterfly - she's a good gal these days, and is in good shape. Has been for some time, too.

Afraid the silence is purely down to yours truly having had too many other fish to fry - sewing and photographic projects mainly. Some of those are still on-going, but I've had my wrist slapped too many times of late for neglecting blog duties, so will make amends before very long.

Btw - many thanks for the link.

Karen
    Last edited by Karen; 4th December 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Cats do heel - sometimes; L39 on the road for Paris.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And one more !

Here is a pict I made with photoshop where the lagoon 380 layout is superpose to the Lagoon 39 layout it give a good idea of the difference between those 2 cat. If somebody would like the 2 file2 with the 2 layers let me know.

Magenta

Are you part of the Lagoon Sales Team?

Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
    Magenta

Are you part of the Lagoon Sales Team?

Hehe no helas ! I'm just a artist nothing else .
    And I'm pretty sure I want this Cat (or the 380) for Christmas !!!! Pleeeasssse ! (and my birthday is in 3 days so...)

PS: the Lagoon team is pretending that the 39 is not suppose to replace the 380 but let see in 2 year !
    Last edited by magenta; 4th December 2012 at 09:13 PM.

Magenta, you had fun with that double image, didn't you?

Are you, by chance, hinting or suggesting, that there might, just, perhaps, be some similarities between them?

Cheers!

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Hello Dmmbruce: Yes I get fun yahoo !

Well, I don't know yet, But without having see the 39 and naturally not sail with this cat. I can't really say anything objective about it.

But let say that for the moment from the deep of my ignorance I think that there is quiet few differences between both of the them. It is obvious when playing with the Photoshop layer transparency (if you want the file I will post it but i don't know if posting Photohop file is working).

It will be a good idea to open a discussion on the differences (or not) between the 380 and the 39. As I'm speaking french my knowledge of the marine expression is very short and It is a bit difficult for me to name the different part of a boat in english. But I can try... You are welcome if you want to help me building this conversation or with correcting my spelling.

I'm pretty sure the 380 have still long time to live as the 380 have his aficionados (i'm one of them). At first when i have see the 380 I where shock I didn't like his "Panzer" look, but later on after sail I start to like it quite a lot, and today I like this cat.

So let start with apparent differences, I will just look at one or two only now, some more later...

039: Engine 2 x 20 hp sail drive (standard)
    380: Engine 2 x 20 hp sail drive (standard)
    Probably the same engine Yanmar. But almost sure more space in the engine room

039 cockpit more spacious

039 Back rest for the seat around the table in the cockpit
    380 No Back rest for the seat around the table in the cockpit

039 King size bed for the owner version
    380 Regular size bed

039 Larger stair to acces the cabin

039 Larger kitchen working plan

039 smaller trampoline

039 all maneuver at the steering station
    380 all maneuver not at the steering station

039 Saloon look smaller then the 380 (not sure yet have to confirm)

039 direct access to the steering station from the cockpit and from the deck
    380 no access to the steering station from the cockpit

039 Place behind the seat at the steering station (good place to put a plastic container with safety gear for crossing atlantic etc...)

039 One more small window in the back of the cabin

Ha yes I forgot

380 : zillion of nautical miles behind him and a very good history as well as a proven safety.
    039 : Who have sail with this baby yet ?

Well enough for today....
    Last edited by magenta; 4th December 2012 at 11:32 PM.

And here the pict: (Yes I get fun !)

From what I see I like the 39.
    I guess she will offer much more room.
    good sized head with a shower cubicle arrangement even in the standard versions.
    better navigation area & chart table.
    square and straight saloon seating & table (I don't like the round one as you can't really stretch anywhere)
    large & flush hard bimini.
    No traveller in the cockpit.
    No high boom arrangement to accomodate a flybridge setup.

I personally don't care for the looks. My neighbours would have to deal with this.

The question is, how well does this fat hulled lady sail? And will she go windward with this small main? Looks optimized for downwind sailing in the trades
    And where do I find the missing to buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    No high boom arrangement

Looks pretty high to me!

Cheers
    Cliff

And now ladies and gentleman ! Some pict ! Enjoy !

And more !

And again more !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast