Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bought a boat - Grainger G1060

Default Re: bought a boat - Grainger G1060

Sounds perfect

Quote Originally Posted by ocean_groover View Post
    There are many reasons to love a multi. At the moment I'm really loving my davits. One person launches or retrieves the dinghy in two minutes. This alone makes a huge difference to quality of life; the easier it is, the more you do it. Down here in Tas there are oysters and mussels in abundance, just gotta get out at low tide and pick em.
    Locals down here wait for a report on the jungle drums of a breakout from a fish farm, then everyone's out setting their nets.
    Another reason we love our cat is speed. If your anchorage looks dubious at 18:00 you can still make another spot 10 miles away before dark. Once that big main goes up, you're off. And the chef works on dinner in total high-speed comfort.
    We're anchored now in the duckpond tucked right in Barnes Bay on Bruny Island. Total peace from howling westerlies.

And it just keeps getting better!

In honor of Tday and John Madden... BOOM!

more pics pls.

Very Nice, enjoy your selves on it,

Thanks we are loving it. Another aspect we like is the ease of movement around the boat, it makes everything from sail-handling to anchoring to just generally bludging around so easy. Still getting my head around anchoring in shallow water, it seems counter-intuitive to see such small numbers on the sounder when at rest. But kinda fun to drive past other boats and take the beachside spot.
    Mr B, hope your boat repairs are coming along ok, I recommend a bit of Tassie cruising if you're inclined to cross the Strait.
    Couple more photos. The cockpit, room to lounge and swing a dog. Our local Tassie mates James and Karen have a licence to collect abalone and Karen here slices it real thin; cook no more than 30 seconds in butter herbs and garlic.
    It's a hard life, but someone's gotta do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

'Estrella del Sur' is currently on the hard in Fort Pierce, Florida for hurricane season.

I have to make it unanimous - she looks incredible! Good on you mate!

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by ocean_groover View Post
    Thanks we are loving it. Another aspect we like is the ease of movement around the boat, it makes everything from sail-handling to anchoring to just generally bludging around so easy. Still getting my head around anchoring in shallow water, it seems counter-intuitive to see such small numbers on the sounder when at rest. But kinda fun to drive past other boats and take the beachside spot.
    Mr B, hope your boat repairs are coming along ok, I recommend a bit of Tassie cruising if you're inclined to cross the Strait.
    Couple more photos. The cockpit, room to lounge and swing a dog. Our local Tassie mates James and Karen have a licence to collect abalone and Karen here slices it real thin; cook no more than 30 seconds in butter herbs and garlic.
    It's a hard life, but someone's gotta do it.
    Damn. I am jealous of the extra width you have on your boat, makes life a lot easier, But then I have the extra bit on the back with the Hammock, so it sort of gives me the extra room,
    Piccy isnt too good, but you can see what I mean,
    I will be doing Tassie in my RV in Feb or March next year,
    But I want to go to the Kimberlys in my boat before I do Tassie in it,
    Crossing Bass Straight doesnt bother me, Just pick a few nice days and go for it,
    There are some very nice spots for cruising on the west coast of Tassie, in Behind those Islands, Halfway down,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Brad nice one.
    We'd love to get round to the kimberley too Mr B. Wrestle some of those man-eating drop-bears you get up there.

Drop bears are not a problem, Those big Crocs are getting bigger as the years go by,
    Young girl and a bloke got nabbed last week, The bloke was lucky, he survived,
    I am waiting for the Crocs to start nabbing people off the tour boats, the ones that feed them a chicken on a string for entertainment,
    Bugger the chicken, That person will do nicely, gotcha, Hahahahaha,

They are becoming a big problem down the Queensland coast, some of them are 20 feet long now,
    I drove through the Kimberlys 40 years ago and I always wanted to do it by boat,
    May catch you up the coast some where, Look for a small Cat, thats me,

Groover

Here we are 7 years later and I'm looking at a G1060.
    It has mini keels and 9.9 long shaft o/bs.

Do you still have emaxing and how does it perform

Glenn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12