Thread: Permission to come aboard

Default Permission to come aboard

Greetings All.

I have been following your discussions for about a year and half now. I am pleased to finally have joined and look forward to sharing stories and contributing to the forum.

We are in our second year of research to plan a family sailing adventure in the form of a circumnavigation or perhaps 2/3rds trip around depending on a number of factors.

The "We" is a family of five with children currently 1, 4, and 6 years old respectively.

We have chartered several times in the BVI - most recently on a fabulous Orana 44. Here at home we enjoy boating in all forms on the Great Lakes.

More to come.

Thanks.

Default Re: Permission to come aboard

Quote Originally Posted by DunnDreamin View Post
    Greetings All.

I have been following your discussions for about a year and half now. I am pleased to finally have joined and look forward to sharing stories and contributing to the forum.

We are in our second year of research to plan a family sailing adventure in the form of a circumnavigation or perhaps 2/3rds trip around depending on a number of factors.

The "We" is a family of five with children currently 1, 4, and 6 years old respectively.

We have chartered several times in the BVI - most recently on a fabulous Orana 44. Here at home we enjoy boating in all forms on the Great Lakes.

More to come.

Thanks.
    Hello and welcome. What sort of boat are you planning to get? Something large by the sounds of it to cope with 3 'menaces' needing space for all their energy .

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Welcome aboard. Making the transition will be a challenge, but I suspect everyone will thank you after a few months aboard. Best of luck, and tell us how you are progressing.
    Fair winds,

Get a trawler. Tow a barge.

Welcome.
    Tropical island life in the Devil's Triangle.
    http://2gringos.blogspot.com/

Permission granted - welcome aboard!
    Roger

------------------
    I look to the future, because that's where I am going to spend the rest of my life - George Burns

Piping aboard, four side boys.
    Three for the kids, one for tradition.
    Should you happen to have two spare Chiraz corks, the quarterdeck will repurpose as a tropical jacuzzi.
    Welcome,

Puck

Welcome aboard indeed, Dunndreamin.

Nothing like having a full complement of crew from the off ... !

Are you going to home-school the little tars?

Karen

Thanks for the hearty welcome!

With respect to boat size and type, we are in research mode. My sense is that we will look for a used but well cared for 44'-47'. We have been aboard the usual suspects at the 2012 show in Miami but there is plenty more to learn. That said, I really enjoyed sailing on an FP Orana.

As far as educating the wee ones, I believe that home schooling aboard will be the solution for us. It seems that there are more options every day sand we need to do a little more homework of our own.

When do you think you'll be heading off? My partner and I are not done dreaming... alas we still have quite a few years of things to get done before we can go. I think it's great you're taking ones so young.
    I have some friends who actually inspired me and helped put the bug in my partner - they have been sailing 2 and half years with their three girls, who are about 12, 9 and 7 I think. I have three young girls I wish we could get out now while they are still young -- 13, 8 and 6. Unfortunately - we have some things to accomplish before it can happen.