Thread: Crawl-Walk-Run

Default Crawl-Walk-Run

Helllll-lowwww Swabbies!!

Permission to come aboard!?!

I'm a retired US Army tanker (a different kind of BOOM) and currently a HS teacher. The Admiral and I sold the house up in the Great White North and are prowling the more comfortable US south coast for a suitable vessel to live and cruise on. We're getting close to purchasing that first big boat. Our near term plan will be coastal cruising in Florida and local GOM. Full retirement is coming...soon. Then we'll cruise the Caribbean.

Crawl-Walk-Run is a training mantra we used in the Army. Although we've owned and sailed a Hobie16 for twenty-five years, we consider ourselves in the Crawl phase of this adventure. As a good cavalryman, I've been doing serious reconnaissance over the past year. Thank you for the helpful part you've played in that regard

Joe and Deb
    S/V __________

Default Re: Crawl-Walk-Run

Welcome aboard and I hope that the forum helps throughout all three stages of your progress
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Thanks Paul.

You have a well-run, welcoming forum here.

Kudos!!

That's because it runs itself without the need for heavy handed censorship
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

There are a number of people here with different mil background, and you can be assured of a good welcome here.

Your mantra is a lot better than the normal doctor's See one/do one/teach one !

A lot of people consider their level of training sufficient to achieve what they need. Others realise that learning never stops.
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Thank you Talbot! I have learned a good bit from your posts already(stealthily over the past year).

I crawled all over a Catalac 10M today. I could see the good bones but it needed intensive care from the bottom of the bilge to the top of the mast. Despite what man has done to her, and not done for her, she sturdily floated among the other high-priced toys in the marina.

We're back on the east coast of Florida to check out two more interesting boats tomorrow.

Scouts out! (That's a Cavalry term similar in meaning to "Godspeed!", "Happy hunting!", or some other less PC translations)