Thread: Maine Cat 37?

Default Maine Cat 37?

Does anyone have any info on the new Maine Cat 37? Their web page has virtually no specs except a little teaser info about modular shipping capability and winning races. Just thought someone here might have some inside gossip on where this design is intended to fit. Is it meant to be a stretched Maine Cat 30? Any guesses on sailaway price? But I suppose it is too early to know much.

Default Re: Maine Cat 37?

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Does anyone have any info on the new Maine Cat 37? Their web page has virtually no specs except a little teaser info about modular shipping capability and winning races. Just thought someone here might have some inside gossip on where this design is intended to fit. Is it meant to be a stretched Maine Cat 30? Any guesses on sailaway price? But I suppose it is too early to know much.
    I think it's early in the design processes. Word I have is that he's going for high performance but at the same time keeping costs as low as possible, so the base boat will have next to nothing to keep weight and $ down. e.g. no doors on cabinets. Said he learned a lot since the 30, and the 41 just has too much stuff that adds to weight and expense. The 30 seems pretty basic, so I'm not sure how much less he would put on it.