Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now The UN is Forced to admit it!

Default Re: Now The UN is Forced to admit it!

I really hope you don't think hospitals are free.

Yep, Public Hospitals are free, I have never been charged for any hospital treatment I have ever received, Even overnight stays,

Cat scans, MRI, Coronary tests, XRays, Bike stacks, Stitches, All Free,

My Lady friend is getting a new roto cuff and surgery in her shoulder,
    Cost, Free,

If you want it done privately, It will cost you an arm and a leg and your first born if you dont have private insurance,

How about the medicare levy, income taxes? If you're working, you're paying.

The idea of financially inducing those who can afford it to take private health insurance is to try to take some of the load off the public system.

For instance, I needed knee surgery a few years back, bone fragments jamming my knee. If I went public, there was a near 2 year wait. That would mean 2 years unable to walk.

We have private health insurance, and I walked out of the private hospital 2 days later. Cost about $200.

Default The Name of the Game

Representatives of most of the world's poor countries have walked out of increasingly fractious climate negotiations after the EU, Australia, the US and other developed countries insisted that the question of who should pay compensation for extreme climate events be discussed only after 2015. The orchestrated move by the G77 and China bloc of 132 countries came during talks about "loss and damage" how countries should respond to climate impacts that are difficult or impossible to adapt to, such as typhoon Haiyan. --John Vidal, The Guardian, 20 November 2013

This is despite there being no connection between extreme weather events and climate change!
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Warmer tropical waters = more intense cyclones. It's a pretty basic connection.

Queensland has on average 5 cyclones a year,

In the 60's and 70's they had some real Doozy's,

Whole towns got blown away, Townsville, Maryborough, Darwin, Plus quite a few other towns, I know, I was there and seen the damage,

No internet back then, So reporting was pretty Basic on a lot of the disasters back then,

Technology they have now, They can probably tell you the flavour of the ice cream that just flicked past at 160 KPH,

I like people quoting the last 25 years, 13 years of it was full on Drought,

Warmer tropical waters = more intense cyclones. It's a pretty basic connection.
    Totally wrong.
    All the climate modelling shows no increase in tropical temperatures but warming towards the poles so those models would actually give less cyclones not more because the differential would be less.
    Also the research from many sources all shows there has been no change in the magnitude or frequency of these cyclones over the last 100 years .... follow the facts and not wild assumptions.
    I can quite the pears on these if you wish but even tyne IPCC accepts that there has been no change.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123