Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now The UN is Forced to admit it!

Default Re: Now The UN is Forced to admit it!

Whilst I await the answer to my two questions from Eric, I thought I might as well post this graph.

The article is here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Did you know there is a Comic Book version of the Douglas DC-10 Operations manual?

It accomplishes one thing: proof that simplifying a complex thing becomes absurd, and drawing conclusions from the absurd is lunacy at best, and immoral if intentionally interpreted to substantiate a cause.

Human beings tend to hear what they want to hear, and say what their friends want to hear. It has something to do with the idea of "true colors"

So it's simply to be expected that a conservative and a contrarian can read the same document and highlight completely different parts. It's only Human to start a fight as a result!

I know I am not impartial. I tend to believe that we have damaged the ecosystem, but I'm reserving judgment a while longer.

Sandy you make a good point but the temperature standstill is not being denied anymore. The simple science that it has not warmed for 17 years is generally accepted by climate scientists. Even Prof Mann - the arch mover in climate change accepts the temperature standstill as a fact.

The UN are declaring as a fact ...... it is the elephant in the room, there has been not statistical warming for 17 years so to ignore the facts and rely on hunch feelings is simply wrong.

I think man has damaged the eco-system. I would agree with that but its the wealthier nations that realise it and try to put it right. A sat photo of Haiti shows a bare island stripped of vegetation yet the on the same island the Dominican Republic is shown as lush and vibrant. Poor nations cannot afford to be eco friendly, the basic needs have to be covered before anyone can think of the long term effects of their actions.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

The reality is very different to that graph:-

The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) is criticising the IPCC for its deliberate attempt to obscure the reality of an ongoing temperature standstill and its failure to come clean about the failure of its models.

The IPCC has decided to discount the global warming standstill since 1997 as irrelevant and has deleted from its final document its original acknowledgement (in its 7 June draft) that climate models have failed to íreproduce the observed reduction in surface warming trend over the last 10-15 years.í

Not only has the IPCC failed to predict the ongoing temperature standstill, its climate models actually predicted accelerated warming due to the increase of CO2 emissions.

Instead of acknowledging empirical facts and growing uncertainties, the IPCC is trying to divert attention from these key issues by claiming increased certainty about the reliability of climate models and their outputs.

ďToday the IPCC has taken a huge gamble that will soon determine whether it is still fit for purpose. Unless global temperature will begin to rise again in the next few years, the IPCC is very likely going to suffer an existential blow to its credibility,Ē said Dr Benny Peiser, director of the Global Warming Policy Foundation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

A simple search tells me that your GWPF is a biased private politically driven organisation focused on attempting to debunk established scientific consensus.

Sorry, try again

The graph is not from them.
    On your logic any organisation supporting manmade climate change should be ignored ..... argue the facts .... look at the evidence and it is a fact that there has been no warming for at least 15 years and that the models are all wrong because none predicted this - they predicted a lot of warming.

Polar ice is now growing as well.

Turkeys do not vote for Xmas and that is the case with the climate change industry but time will tell.

They claim they do not fully understand the natural cycles. I agree that is the case but without understanding natural cycles you can show the influence of mankind on any graph either.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

How can anyone take the IPCC seriously. We need more Tony Abbots, (Australia) seems to be the only person who has any prospective on the matter, remove funding for Climate Scientists and repeal Carbon Taxes.

Now all "we" need to do is promote global education so "people" stop pollution the planet.

The IPCC is a political organisation and the wrangling alone that removed some references to the 15 year standstill is a perfect demonstration of this fact.

As time passes and the climate model continues to be discredited the acceptance of this hoax will become wider and wider.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Some excellent reporting here also

http://www.scotsman.com/news/gerald-...ming-1-3117208

Peter
    That article says it all.
    The same IPCC used the hockey stick on it front cover in a previous report but has now dropped that as it was demonstrated that any data going into that model produces a hockey stick.
    The way that politics interfered with the report is incredible but then the IPCC body does no research itself and is a political organisation so what can we expect?
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

I am not going to read the full report...I hear its 1000's of pages.

I found this summary in The Economist interesting.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/babba...-change-report.

A couple of days ago, I happened to hear Greg Hunt, the new Minister for Environment in the recently elected Tony Abbott government interviewed where he sates the government accepts the science and the targets. There is bilateral agreement by major oz political parties on the targets. the debate has been around how to achieve it....labour via a Carbon Tax followed by an emissions trading scheme with the carbon price linked to Europe and the conservative coalition's policy based on direct action.

Scrapping the carbon tax was a key election policy of Tony Abbott's so even though he does not have control of the Senate, given the size of the win, I would think most people would accept that he has a mandate to do that.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3861055.htm

BORKED
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

BORKED
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

*Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of
    earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining
    geology at the University of Adelaide, and the director of multiple
    mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130
    scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.*

*Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?
    This a good summary. *

*PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland .
    Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED
    EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2
    emissions on our planet - ALL OF YOU!*

*Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying
    to suppress - itís that vital chemical compound that every plant
    requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans
    and all animal life.*

*I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon
    emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience
    and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags,
    sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution"
    science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies,
    using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet
    tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home
    instead of abroad.
    Nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50
    cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things
    you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.*

*The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days
    - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every
    single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there
    are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at
    any one time - EVERY DAY.*
    I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should
    mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in
    1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the
    entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.
    Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over One year - think about it.*

*Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment
    and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the
    well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps
    happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate
    change.*

*And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the
    fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA
    and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon
    in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.*

*Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping
    carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused'
    climate-change scenario... Hey, isnít it interesting how they donít
    mention 'Global Warming' Anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why?*

*Itís because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century
    and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.
    And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading
    Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve
    absolutely nothing except make you poorer.
    It wonít stop any volcanoes from erupting, thatís for sure.*

*But, hey, relax...... and have a nice day!"*

Here in Australia, we have just finished a cyclic drought of 13 years, so out of the last 17 years, For 13 of them we had no rain, Global Warming,

We have a 4 Billion dollar white elephant desalination plant that was built to end the drought here in Melbourne, It was never used,

Drought broke and the Dams are all full again,

Approximately every 9 years we have either a drought or flood period for approximately 9 years, give or take a few years either way,

Since 1860 we have had two 15 year droughts, and many 10 year droughts,

Its the records of a Farmer who diligently recorded the weather, rain, Temps, Etc, Since 1860 and its hanging on the wall of the Mont De Lancy Museum in Wandin Victoria Australia, For every ones Perusal,

Day by day actual records, Over a 260 year period,

Not a computer model with any imaginary figures you like to pull from it,

1961, We had the Big Freeze happening, We had an ice age that would hit in 5 to 10 years,
    Yep, We were having massive floods, It was winter and it was Freezing, -4, So what, It was -4 here two weeks ago for a week or two,
    Winter here hasnt changed, Summer is actually colder,

I am an onsite worker, So I know what the daily temps are, I worked in them all my life,
    Like the weather rock, If I am sweating, Its hot, If I am wet, Its Raining, If I am leaning sideways, its windy, Etc,

900 years ago, The Vikings were planting Potatoes in Greenland and Iceland, in the ground, Permafrost was melted then to allow that,

They did that for approx 300 years and then promptly left as the ice returned and has been there ever since,

FWIW, That big Volcano that blew its top in Iceland, It spewed more crap out of it in four days, Than the entire population of mankind has put out in its history,

The one that blew in the early 19th or 20th century, Killed millions, in England, France and Europe,

So, What happened to all that deadly pollution, Breath it and it solidifies in your lungs,

Stop global warming, B/S,

Stop the Idiots chopping down the Rainforests, Thats the first step,

It seems the claims about the output of volcanoes dwarfing manmade CO2 emissions are false.
    Read this

I have not changed my view about man made CG but just want the true facts on both sides.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Thanks for that,

I was wrong on the out put of Volcano's,

I just love modern Technology, It sorts fact from fiction,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B. View Post
    Here in Australia, we have just finished a cyclic drought of 13 years, so out of the last 17 years, For 13 of them we had no rain, Global Warming,

We have a 4 Billion dollar white elephant desalination plant that was built to end the drought here in Melbourne, It was never used,

Drought broke and the Dams are all full again,

Approximately every 9 years we have either a drought or flood period for approximately 9 years, give or take a few years either way,

Since 1860 we have had two 15 year droughts, and many 10 year droughts,

Its the records of a Farmer who diligently recorded the weather, rain, Temps, Etc, Since 1860 and its hanging on the wall of the Mont De Lancy Museum in Wandin Victoria Australia, For every ones Perusal,

Day by day actual records, Over a 260 year period,

Not a computer model with any imaginary figures you like to pull from it,

1961, We had the Big Freeze happening, We had an ice age that would hit in 5 to 10 years,
    Yep, We were having massive floods, It was winter and it was Freezing, -4, So what, It was -4 here two weeks ago for a week or two,
    Winter here hasnt changed, Summer is actually colder,

I am an onsite worker, So I know what the daily temps are, I worked in them all my life,
    Like the weather rock, If I am sweating, Its hot, If I am wet, Its Raining, If I am leaning sideways, its windy, Etc,

900 years ago, The Vikings were planting Potatoes in Greenland and Iceland, in the ground, Permafrost was melted then to allow that,

They did that for approx 300 years and then promptly left as the ice returned and has been there ever since,

FWIW, That big Volcano that blew its top in Iceland, It spewed more crap out of it in four days, Than the entire population of mankind has put out in its history,

The one that blew in the early 19th or 20th century, Killed millions, in England, France and Europe,

So, What happened to all that deadly pollution, Breath it and it solidifies in your lungs,

Stop global warming, B/S,

Stop the Idiots chopping down the Rainforests, Thats the first step,
    good stuff.

"i love a sunburnt country - of droughts and flooding rains"...
    1908 I believe.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Country

great book is "kings in grass castles".
    http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Grass-Ca.../dp/1743138644

"el nino" - change in Humbolt Current - named by conquistadors (in the 1500s?), discovered by them? or explained by Indigenous from hundreds of years of observation/experience?

I was first in Galapagos hot and dry - water very cold. Next time water was very warm (el nino year). Some would think things had changed (GLOBAL WARMING) - but is natural cycles...

No doubt there are still pollution issues. But, it is so much better than before -especially in places like Australia. I remember the "dopes rubbish Australia" adds from the 70s - changed everything.

Follow the money...

Same as Obama Care:
    who wrote Obama care? Surely not the lawmakers - "must pass the bill to find out whats in the bill". Who profits? Most likely insurance companies...Probably good for them bad, for everyone else...

We had and have free hospitals in Austarlia,

But now we must have forced compulsory hospital insurance from a private health company For our free hospitals, or pay extra taxes,

Explain that one,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast