Thread: Request for info on Peter Dean or Dean 440 Spec

Default Request for info on Peter Dean or Dean 440 Spec

I have a 2004 Dean 440 Espace and am entering a race to the equator. I need to provide an OCR rating which comes form some detailed sail measurements which I dont have. I know total sail area but need to either take sail off (again) and measure all over the roach to various locations or find someone who knows what the standard sail plan specs are. I cannot find on line.
    Can anyone help or point me in theright direction so we can prove beyond doubt that Deans not only look great but beat the pants of other mass production cats in the race to the equator?

Look up Neptune Regatta 2014 if interested in the voyage....thanks.

Default Re: Request for info on Peter Dean or Dean 440 Spec

Maybe these guys have the info you need...
    http://www.merlinsvoyage.net/contact-merlin/

Hi, my father used to work for the Dean Catamaran company. Should you have any questions regarding specs I am sure he wouldn't mind answering them for you or at the very least pointing you in the direction of someone who can.

Contact Stephen on +27 82 49 22 688

Hi, I cannot answer the request for info on Peter Dean or the 440. BUT TRU Yachts also based in Cape Town have recently purchased all of the moulds for the Dean 5000 and are starting up their production capability of the yacht. They will be amending their website to indicate this when their redesign process has completed. They will make significant changes to the moulds to accomodate the known problems encountered by the delivery skippers of the 4 5000's produced and also the obvious shortcomings in the original design in respect of crew quarters and engine room design etc. They are equally, using a significant naval architect to expand the capability of the yacht to focus more on the charter market but without reducing the drop dead gorgeous look of the overall yacht. They have tried opening discussions with the Deans but seem to find more threats and aggression than open opportunities. The owners of TRU Yachts have previously owned 3 Dean cats since 1986 and have a fair level of experience of Dean cats.